Easy Instant Pot shrimp and broccoli stir fry that is healthier and better than take-out! This is probably the quickest meal that you can make in the Instant Pot as it cooks for just 0 minutes, which means that it just needs to come to pressure.
Perfect for busy weeknights and summer days!
If you’re a fan of shrimp and Asian flavors, then you’re going to love this! This is one of the easiest and quickest meals that you can make in the Instant Pot, it’s a healthier version of the traditional stir fry and the whole family will love it.
Join our private Instant Pot and Air Fryer Facebook group where we share exclusive recipes, and answer all of your IP and AF questions! We hope to see you there!
Recommended Tools and Ingredients
- An Instant Pot. I have this Instant Pot, it’s my favorite! Currently on HALF PRICE!
- I love these stainless steel measuring cups and use them every time I cook, as well as those measuring spoons.
- Shrimp (raw and thawed).
- Fresh broccoli.
- Brown sugar or granulated sugar or honey.
- Sesame oil
- Soy sauce, if you’re using a low sodium soy sauce then you might need to salt the food a little. For gluten-free, use tamari sauce instead.
- Rice wine vinegar or white vinegar
- Corn starch
- Sesame seeds
Instant Pot Shrimp
Shrimp is usually cooked really quickly, and in the Instant Pot, I cook it for just 0 minutes with a quick release. If you cook it for longer, then you might end up with rubbery shrimp. Use thawed shrimp for this recipe, 0 minutes will be enough.
Instant Pot Broccoli
Broccoli usually cooks in 0 minutes, that’s why it works great in this recipe. If you’re worried that the broccoli might turn out soft and you like it crunchy, just separately steam it in the Instant Pot and then add it to the shrimp after thickening the sauce. Alternatively, you can add raw broccoli florets to the pot after pressure cooking and thickening the sauce, cover with the lid and let it “steam for a couple of minutes”.
DO NOT USE FROZEN BROCCOLI.
To learn how to steam broccoli in the Instant Pot, and get the desired texture, check out my Instant Pot steamed broccoli recipe.
We received some feedback where readers reported that the broccoli turned into a mush, so I strongly recommend adding it only after pressure cooking to avoid the disappointment.
How to Cook Shrimp and Broccoli in the Instant Pot
Put all of the sauce ingredients in the pot, add thawed shrimp and broccoli and cover with the lid. If you chose not to add broccoli (so it stays firm), leave it until after pressure cooking.
Make sure that the valve/vent is in SEALING position. Click on “manual” or “pressure cook” and set on high. Choose 0 minutes and let it come to pressure.
As the Instant Pot comes to pressure, the food will cook. When it beeps, quickly release the steam and carefully open the lid.
The sauce will be thin and will look like in the picture below.
Now it’s time to thicken the sauce using corn starch slurry. Remove the broccoli from the pot if you added it earlier, and set aside.
Mix corn starch with water (equal amounts), then add it to the pot. Press on “saute” and set for 2 minutes.
The slurry will thicken the sauce, and give the food a lovely glaze.
If the sauce is not thick enough, then add more slurry and mix it again on saute mode. Put the broccoli back in, and mix with the sauce.
And pair with tasty homemade yum yum sauce!
Using Fresh Shrimp
This recipe was tested using frozen and thawed raw shrimp. If you have fresh raw shrimp and would like to make this then don’t change the settings.
More Great Instant Pot Recipes
- Instant Pot chicken and shrimp Rasta Pasta
- Instant Pot hibachi shrimp
- Instant Pot spicy cajun shrimp
- Instant Pot Marsala chicken
- Instant Pot whole chicken (cooked with rice!)
- Instant Pot hibachi steak
- Instant Pot chicken wings
- Instant Pot burrito bowl
- Instant Pot fajita rice
- Instant Pot steak fajitas
- Instant Pot chicken fajitas
Or check out my Instant Pot recipe collection!
I don’t feel like I say this often enough, or that I could ever thank you enough. But THANK YOU for all of your support, for visiting my blog, commenting, and sharing my recipes with your friends and family. I am SO thankful for you!
If you make this recipe or any of my recipes, then don’t forget to rate it and leave a comment below. I would LOVE to hear about your experience and your comments just make my day!
I hope that you love every recipe that you make! – Diana x
Instant Pot Shrimp and Broccoli
- 8.5 oz (250 grams) shrimps frozen or thawed
- 14 oz (400 grams) broccoli
For the sauce
- 3 tbsp low sodium soy sauce (If gluten-free, sub with tamari sauce)
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp rice wine vinegar or white vinegar
- 1 tsp brown sugar or granulated sugar or honey
- 1 tbsp ginger grated
- 2 cloves garlic grated or minced
- 2 tsp sesame oil
For the slurry and garnish
- 1-2 tbsp cornstarch for the slurry (add 1 tbsp of water) – you might need more.
- 1 tsp sriracha sauce optional
- 1 tsp sesame seeds to garnish
- 1 green onion thinly sliced (optional)
- Put all of the ingredients in the Instant Pot (except for the broccoli if you want it to stay firm, the corn starch slurry and the sesame seeds) start with the sauce ingredients, and shrimp follows. Cover with the lid, and make sure that the vent is in sealing position.
- Press on "manual" or "pressure cook" make sure that it's set on high pressure, and cook for 0 minutes. Let the Instant Pot come to pressure, then it will stop cooking and will beep. Quickly release the steam and carefully open the lid.
- To thicken the sauce, press on "saute" and add the slurry to the pot. Mix it with the sauce, and the sauce will be thickened (it might take just 1 minute to do this, depending on how quick your sauce thickens). If it's not thick enough, then add one more cornstarch with water mixed together before adding to the pot. Mix in sriracha sauce if using.
- After thickening the sauce, add fresh broccoli florets to the pot and cover with the lid. Allow the broccoli to "steam" for a couple of minutes and it will be slightly cooked but firm and crunchy.
- Serve over rice, and garnish with sesame seeds.