Easy Instant Pot shrimp and broccoli stir fry that is healthier and better than take-out! This is probably the quickest meal that you can make in the Instant Pot as it cooks for just 0 minutes, which means that it just needs to come to pressure. Perfect for busy weeknights and summer days!
If you’re a fan of shrimps and Asian flavors, then you’re going to love this! This is one of the easiest and quickest meals that you can make in the Instant Pot, it’s a healthier version of the traditional stir fry and the whole family will love it.
Also, make sure to check out my Instant Pot beef and broccoli recipe, it’s SO good!
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE THIS INSTANT POT SHRIMP AND BROCCOLI STIR FRY
An Instant Pot. I have this Instant Pot, it’s my favorite!
Brown sugar or granulated sugar or honey.
Rice wine vinegar or white vinegar
INSTANT POT SHRIMP
Shrimp is usually cooked really quickly, and in the Instant Pot, I cook it for just 0 minutes with a quick release. If you cook it for longer, then you might end up with rubbery shrimp. You can use frozen or thawed shrimp for this recipe, 0 minutes will be enough.
Cooking frozen shrimp will result in a stronger taste, so I usually thaw it beforehand just to get rid of the ice/water.
INSTANT POT BROCCOLI
Broccoli usually cooks in 0 minutes, that’s why it works great in this recipe. If you’re worried that the broccoli might turn out soft and you like it crunchy, just separately steam it in the Instant Pot and then add it to the shrimp after thickening the sauce. But I usually cook the shrimp and the broccoli together, makes my life easier!
Keep in mind, if you use frozen broccoli then you will get more liquid and might need more slurry (only add if necessary).
To learn how to steam broccoli in the Instant Pot, and get the desired texture, check out my Instant Pot steamed broccoli recipe.
HOW TO COOK SHRIMP AND BROCCOLI IN THE INSTANT POT
Put all of the sauce ingredients in the pot, add frozen or thawed shrimp and broccoli and cover with the lid.
Make sure that the valve/vent is in sealing position. Click on “manual” or “pressure cook” and set on high. Choose 0 minutes and let it come to pressure.
As the Instant Pot comes to pressure, the food will cook. When it beeps, quickly release the steam and carefully open the lid. The sauce will be thin and will look like in the picture below.
Now it’s time to thicken the sauce using corn starch slurry. Remove the broccoli from the pot, and set aside.
Mix corn starch with water (equal amounts), then add it to the pot. Click on “saute” and set for 2 minutes.
The slurry will thicken the sauce, and give the food a lovely glaze. If the sauce is not thick enough, then add more slurry and mix it again on saute mode. Put the broccoli back in, and mix with the sauce.
Serve over white rice, and garnish with sesame seeds.
WHAT IF I WANT TO USE FRESH SHRIMP?
This recipe was tested using frozen and thawed raw shrimp. If you have fresh raw shrimp and would like to make this then don’t change the settings.
SHRIMP AND BROCCOLI CALORIES
The amounts used to make this recipe is enough to make 2 big servings. One serving contains approximately 242 calories.
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS: 2 SMARTPOINTS PER PORTION ON WEIGHT WATCHERS FREESTYLE PLAN
MORE GREAT INSTANT POT RECIPES
Or check out my Instant Pot recipe collection!
If you make this recipe, please don’t forget to rate it and share a picture on social media. Tag #LittleSunnyKitchen in your posts as I would really love to see what you make! Thank you for supporting Little Sunny Kitchen, so I can keep sharing my family recipes with you for free.
Instant Pot Shrimp and Broccoli
- 8.5 oz (250 grams) shrimps frozen or thawed
- 14 oz (400 grams) broccoli
For the sauce
- 3 tbsp soy sauce low sodium
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp rice wine vinegar or white vinegar
- 1 tsp brown sugar or granulated sugar or honey
- 1 tbsp ginger grated
- 2 cloves garlic grated or minced
- 2 tsp sesame oil
For the slurry and garnish
- 1-2 tsp cornstarch for the slurry (add 1 tsp of water) - you might need more.
- 1 tsp sriracha sauce optional
- 1 tsp sesame seeds to garnish
- 1 green onion thinly sliced (optional)
- Put all of the ingredients in the Instant Pot (except for the corn starch slurry and the sesame seeds) start with the sauce ingredients, and shrimp and broccoli follow. Cover with the lid, and make sure that the vent is in sealing position.
- Press on "manual" or "pressure cook" make sure that it's set on high pressure, and cook for 0 minutes. Let the Instant Pot come to pressure, then it will stop cooking and will beep. Quickly release the steam and carefully open the lid.
- Remove the broccoli from the pot, and set aside. Click on "saute" for 2 minutes, and add the slurry to the pot. Mix it with the sauce, and the sauce will be thickened (you may need to reduce this to 1 minute, depending on how quick your sauce thickens). If it's not thick enough, then add one more cornstarch with water mixed together before adding to the pot. Mix in sriracha sauce if using. Put the broccoli back, and mix with the sauce.
- Serve over rice, and garnish with sesame seeds.