Easy 8-ingredient Instant Pot beef and broccoli cooked in 20 minutes or less! This is much healthier and better than take-outs as it’s not greasy and it’s made for just the fraction of the cost!
I love takeouts, but I always worry about what’s in my food, if it’s healthy or really fattening and greasy, and how it was prepared. I then learned how to make my favorite take-out meals at home, but recently started experimenting with my Instant Pot and learned how to make my life even easier and cook things like this beef and broccoli in the Instant Pot!
This easy recipe requires very simple ingredients, and making it at home can save you money.
INSTANT POT BEEF AND BROCCOLI
The beef is cooked with lots of flavor, and a simple but incredibly tasting soy sauce based sauce. Then served over white rice with perfectly cooked broccoli florets.
This Instant Pot beef and broccoli recipe will become your go-to dinner on busy weeknights, or when you’re craving a takeout classic meal.
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE THIS INSTANT POT BEEF AND BROCCOLI
- An Instant Pot. I have this Instant Pot, it’s my favorite!
- I love these stainless steel measuring cups and use them every time I cook, as well as those measuring spoons.
- Vegetable oil.
- Beef flank steak.
- Steamed broccoli.
- Ginger (optional)
- Brown sugar or granulated sugar or honey.
- Sesame oil.
- Soy sauce, if you’re using a low sodium soy sauce then you might need to salt the food a little. For gluten-free, use tamari sauce instead.
- Corn starch
- Sesame seeds
HOW TO MAKE INSTANT POT BEEF AND BROCCOLI?
On saute mode for 10 minutes, saute the garlic (and the grated ginger if using). Cook the garlic for one minute until it’s fragrant.
Add the sliced beef strips and brown them. Stir using a wooden spoon.
Add the sauce ingredients. Soy sauce, brown sugar, and sesame oil. Give them a stir to combine them.
Close the lid, and set the vent on sealing position. Click on “manual” or “pressure cook” on high, and set on 8 minutes. Allow the Instant Pot to build up the pressure, and then cook for 8 minutes. Once it beeps, it means that the cooking is finished. Quickly release the steam, and carefully open the lid.
To thicken the sauce, add the slurry (corn starch mixed with water in equal amounts). Saute for 1-2 minutes and mix. You might need a little bit more slurry than the amount indicated in the recipe card but start with just 1 tablespoon of corn starch and 1 tablespoon of water then decide if you need to add more or not. The sauce will become thick and glossy. Switch off the Instant Pot, and mix in the steamed broccoli (find out how to steam broccoli in 0 minutes in the Instant Pot here).
Serve over Instant Pot white rice, and garnish with toasted sesame seeds.
INSTANT POT BROCCOLI
Broccoli cooks in the Instant Pot in just 0 minutes. You will need to separately steam it in the Instant Pot and then add it to the beef after thickening the sauce. If you add it before cooking the beef, you will end up with mushy broccoli.
To learn how to steam broccoli in the Instant Pot, and get the desired texture, check out my Instant Pot steamed broccoli recipe.
BEEF AND BROCCOLI CALORIES
The ingredients used to make this recipe is enough to make 2 portions. One portion contains approximately 480 calories.
CROCKPOT BEEF AND BROCCOLI
Want to cook this beef and broccoli in the slow cooker? Check out my slow cooker version!
MORE GREAT INSTANT POT RECIPES
- Instant Pot shrimp and broccoli
- Instant Pot hibachi steak
- Instant Pot chicken wings
- Instant Pot burrito bowl
- Instant Pot fajita rice
- Instant Pot steak fajitas
- Instant Pot chicken fajitas
Or check out my Instant Pot recipe collection!
If you make this recipe, please don’t forget to rate it and share a picture on social media. Tag #LittleSunnyKitchen in your posts as I would really love to see what you make! Thank you for supporting Little Sunny Kitchen, so I can keep sharing my family recipes with you for free.
Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic grated or minced
- 1 tbsp ginger grated
- 12 oz (340 grams) flank beef steak sliced into strips or cubed
- 14 oz (400 grams) broccoli steamed
For the sauce
- ½ cup soy sauce low sodium (for gluten free, use tamari sauce instead)
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- ½ cup water or beef stock
For the slurry and garnish
- 1 tbsp cornstarch for the slurry (add 1 tbsp of water and mix it with the corn starch before adding to the sauce) – you might need more if your sauce isn't thick enough.
- 1 tsp sesame seeds to garnish (optional)
- On saute mode (for 10 minutes), heat olive oil in the pot. Saute the garlic and ginger for a minute, then add the beef. Brown the beef, then add the sauce ingredients and give them a stir.
- Cover with the lid, and make sure that the Instant Pot vent is in sealing position.
- Press on "manual" or "pressure cook", set on high pressure, and cook for 8 minutes. Let the Instant Pot come to pressure, then it will stop cooking and will beep. Quickly release the steam and carefully open the lid.
- Click on "saute" for 2 minutes, and add the slurry to the pot. Mix it with the sauce, and the sauce will be thickened. If it's not thick enough, then add one more cornstarch with water mixed together before adding to the pot. Stir in the cooked broccoli and serve over rice. Garnish with toasted sesame seeds.