Easy Slow Cooker Beef and Broccoli – forget take-out! This is much better than any take out!
This is actually my sister’s favourite dish. I also love it because it’s sooo easy to make, the kids are always happy to eat it, and it’s just SO delicious!
I think that I love anything that is made in the slow cooker. I really like how tender the meat becomes, and how it requires very little effort to make. My favourite part about using a slow cooker is the fact that I can just put all of the ingredients in it in the morning, and then come back home from work to a lovely warm meal! I’m a full time blogger now, but I mean when I did have a job I used my slow cooker all the time, and still do because the food always turns out incredibly delish.
The soy sauce gives this dish a distinctive taste, and so does the garlic. The sauce is homemade, and the tender beef slowly simmers in it to create an incredibly flavourful meal! It’s important to note that the broccoli should only be added in the last 30 minutes of cooking, as you don’t want overcooked broccoli.
The beef and broccoli
Slow Cooker Beef & BroccoliPrint Pin Rate
- 1/2 kg sirloin steak thinly sliced
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup low sodium soya sauce
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tbsp corn starch
- 4 tbsp water
- 1/2 kg broccoli florets
- white rice cooked
- In a slow cooker, place all ingredients together (except for the broccoli, water and corn starch).
- Make sure that the sauce is covering the steak slices.
- Cover with lid and cook on low for 5 hours.
- In a mall bowl whisk the corn starch with water, add to the slow cooker along with the broccoli.
- Cook on low for 30 more minutes.
- Serve over white rice.