If you’d like to make a comforting meal full of flavor, try this tasty Creamy Crockpot White Chicken Chili. It’s a meal full of ingredients that are good for you, including chicken, cannellini beans, sweet corn, and more.
Would you like to make a comforting, satisfying meal for yourself and the family? If so, you need to try this White Chicken Chili Crockpot recipe. It’s a flavorful dish consisting of tasty spices, chicken, corn, beans, and more.
It’s the perfect meal to have for lunch or dinner. Because it’s one of several slow cooker recipes, it’s the kind of meal you can make without having to hover over the stove.
My family loves this easy crockpot meal. It has something in it that everyone loves. From the chicken to the corn to the beans, there is something in it for everyone. It’s great for the colder months but also perfect for a busy weeknight.
And if you’re a fan of ground turkey, then check out my crockpot turkey recipe. I love it and make it very often! I also have a great vegan chili recipe and a vegetarian butternut squash chili recipe if you might be looking for one.
Why You’ll Love the Creamy Crockpot White Chicken Chili
- The Crockpot White Chicken Chili Recipe is easy to prepare in the slow cooker, allowing you to save time and effort. It’s a set it and forget it type of recipes, and I LOVE those!
- You can adjust the recipe to your liking by switching out different ingredients if needed. Make it hot, creamier, or lighter!
- Perfect for meal prep! This recipe makes 6-8 servings and that’s plenty to either feed the whole family, or freeze the leftovers and reheat when needed.
- You can serve this chili with tortilla strips, lime, cilantro, and other tasty ingredients to complete your meal.
Key Ingredients for Creamy White Chicken Chili
If you’re planning to make the Crock Pot White Chicken Chili, you’ll need several important ingredients, including:
- Chicken Breasts: Use boneless, skinless chicken breasts for this recipe.
- Green Chiles: You’ll add more spice to your chili with the green chiles.
- Sweet Corn: Add texture and a slight sweetness using sweet corn.
- Chicken Broth: Use the chicken broth as the liquid base for the chili.
- Cannellini Beans: These are also called white kidney beans.
- Cream Cheese: You will need one block, or 8 ounces of cream cheese for a creamy and comforting chili.
- Onion and Garlic.
- Spices: Such as paprika, cumin, coriander, oregano, chili powder, and cayenne powder.
Complete list of ingredients and amounts can be found in the recipe card below.
How to Make the Creamy Crockpot White Chicken Chili
- When you want to make the Crockpot White Chicken Chili, you’ll need to add your seasoned chicken breast, diced onion, green chiles, corn, and beans into the slow cooker.
- Add the chicken broth, stir the ingredients, and then cover the slow cooker, allowing it to cook for three hours on high or six hours on low.
- Remove your chicken from the slow cooker, shred it with two forks, and then add the cream cheese into the slow cooker.
- Add your chicken back into the slow cooker, stir your ingredients, and cook for an additional 15 minutes.
Toppings are my favorite part of chili! I like to sprinkle to top with crispy tortilla strips, add some avocado slices, a squeeze of lime juice, and some fresh chopped cilantro. You can also top with sour cream, Greek yogurt, or lime crema!
Instant Pot Instructions
Want to make this white chicken chili in your Instant Pot or pressure cooker? It’s super easy to do! Follow the instructions except put all of the ingredients in your Instant Pot. Close the lid and cook on high pressure for 12 minutes. Allow to come to natural pressure. Remove the chicken and shred it before putting it back along with the cream cheese. Serve and enjoy!
- If you want to make the chili even creamier, you can add a bit of half-and-half to it.
- When you want a lighter version of this Creamy Crockpot White Chicken Chili, substitute the cream cheese for sour cream.
- Out of time and want to make it over the stovetop? Throw everything exept for the cream cheese in a Dutch oven, cover and cook until the chicken can be easily shredded, shred the chicken, put it back in and mix in the cream cheese. Cook for 15 more minutes, season with salt and pepper to taste and serve!
Side Dish Suggestions
Although this white chicken chili can be a complete meal on its own, sometimes a side dish is great for rounding out your dinner. Some sides that I suggest would be:
Frequently Asked Questions
If you don’t like white beans or don’t have them, you can swap them out for other beans. Red kidney beans would be another great option. The chili wouldn’t be considered white anymore, but it would still be delicious.
You can use any brand. The Philadelphia Cream Cheese brand is a great choice! Feel free to use whatever you have on hand though.
If it’s not thicken enough, you can thicken it with cornstarch slurry. Just mix together 1-2 tablespoons of cornstarch mixed with 1 tablespoon of water. Add it to the chili to thicken further.
You can put your chili in a food storage container and store it in the fridge for up to 4 days to keep it fresh. I like using a Tupperware with a secure lid. This helps keep the chili fresh and ensures no spills.
Other Slow Cooker Recipes to Try
Slow Cooker is one of my favorite gadgets that I use all the time to make different type of meals. Below are a few of my favorites:
- Slow Cooker Turkey Chili
- Slow Cooker Butter Chicken
- Slow Cooker Crispy Carnitas
- Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken
- Crock Pot Chicken and Noodles
- 1 lb (450g) chicken breasts about 2 chicken breasts, boneless skinless
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne powder
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 small yellow onion finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 6-oz can diced green chiles
- 10-oz can sweet corn
- 16-oz can cannellini beans
- 24-oz can low sodium chicken broth
- 8-oz (225g) cream cheese softened, Notes 1 & 2
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Tortilla chips or strips Monterrey jack cheese, sliced avocado, sliced jalapeños.
- To the slow cooker, add the chicken breasts, and season with paprika, cumin, coriander, oregano, chilli powder, cayenne, pepper, and salt.
- Add the diced onion, garlic, diced chiles, corn, and cannellini beans.
- Pour in the chicken broth, and give everything a quick stir.
- Cover with the lid, and cook on high for 2.5-3 hours or on low for 6 hours. The chicken is ready when the internal temperature reaches 165°F/74°C.
- Remove the chicken and on a cutting board, shred it with 2 forks.
- To the slow cooker, add the cream cheese and stir until it melts in the chilli. Return the chicken to the slow cooker, and stir. Cover and cook on high for 15 more minutes, the chilli will thicken and become creamy.
- Serve with your favorite toppings (I used tortilla strips, sliced avocado, fresh sliced jalapeno mainly for presentation, sour cream, fresh cilantro, and lime wedges).
- Cream cheese can be substituted with sour cream To make the chili even creamier, add ¼- ½ cup of half and half.
- To lighten it up, leave out the cream cheese and substitute with sour cream.
- Store covered in the fridge for up to 4 days.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
© Little Sunny Kitchen