Easy 8-ingredient Instant Pot beef and broccoli cooked in 35 minutes or less! This is much healthier and better than take-outs as it’s not greasy and it’s made for just a fraction of the cost!
I love takeouts, but I always worry about what’s in my food, if it’s healthy or really fattening and greasy, and how it was prepared. I then learned how to make my favorite take-out meals at home, but recently started experimenting with my Instant Pot and learned how to make my life even easier and cook things like this beef and broccoli in the Instant Pot!
This easy recipe requires very simple ingredients, and making it at home can save you money.
Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli Recipe
The beef is cooked with lots of flavor, and a simple but incredibly tasting soy sauce based sauce. Then served over white rice with perfectly cooked broccoli florets.
This Instant Pot beef and broccoli recipe will become your go-to dinner on busy weeknights, or when you’re craving a takeout classic meal.
Join our private Instant Pot and Air Fryer Facebook group where we share exclusive recipes, and answer all of your IP and AF questions! We hope to see you there!
Tools and ingredients you need
- An Instant Pot. I currently have this Instant Pot, it’s my favorite!
- I love these stainless steel measuring cups and use them every time I cook, as well as those measuring spoons.
- Vegetable oil.
- Beef flank steak.
- Steamed broccoli.
- Ginger (optional)
- Brown sugar, granulated sugar, or honey.
- Sesame oil.
- Soy sauce, it’s important to use low sodium soy sauce otherwise, your food will be too salty.
- Corn starch.
- Sesame seeds.
Complete list of ingredients and amounts can be found in the recipe card below.
How to make Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli
- On saute mode for 10 minutes, saute the garlic (and the grated ginger if using). Cook the garlic for one minute until it’s fragrant.
- Add the sliced beef strips and brown them. Stir using a wooden spoon.
- Add the sauce ingredients. Soy sauce, brown sugar, and sesame oil. Give them a stir to combine them.
- Secure the lid, and set the vent on sealing position. Click on “manual” or “pressure cook” on high, and set at 8 minutes. Allow the Instant Pot to build up the pressure, and then cook for 8 minutes. Once it beeps, it means that the cooking is finished. Quickly release the steam, and carefully open the lid.
- To thicken the sauce, add the slurry (corn starch mixed with water in equal amounts). Saute for 1-2 minutes and mix. You might need a little bit more slurry than the amount indicated in the recipe card but start with just 1 tablespoon of corn starch and 1 tablespoon of water then decide if you need to add more or not. The sauce will become thick and glossy. Switch off the Instant Pot, and mix in the steamed broccoli (find out how to steam broccoli in 0 minutes in the Instant Pot here).
- Serve over Instant Pot white rice, and garnish with toasted sesame seeds.
Instant Pot Broccoli
Broccoli cooks in the Instant Pot in just 0 minutes. You will need to separately steam it in the Instant Pot and then add it to the beef after thickening the sauce. If you add it before cooking the beef, you will end up with mushy broccoli.
To learn how to steam broccoli in the Instant Pot, and get the desired texture, check out my Instant Pot steamed broccoli recipe.
Beef and Broccoli Calories
The ingredients used to make this recipe is enough to make 2 portions. One portion contains approximately 480 calories.
Crockpot Beef and Broccoli
Want to cook this beef and broccoli in the slow cooker? Check out my slow cooker version!
More great Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli
- Instant Pot shrimp and broccoli
- Instant Pot hibachi steak
- Instant Pot chicken wings
- Instant Pot burrito bowl
- Instant Pot fajita rice
- Instant Pot steak fajitas
- Instant Pot chicken fajitas
Or check out my Instant Pot recipe collection!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic grated or minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger grated
- 12 oz (340 grams) flank beef steak sliced into strips or cubed
- 14 oz (400 grams) broccoli steamed
For the sauce
- ¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup water
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- ¾ cup water or beef stock
For the slurry and garnish
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed with 1 tablespoon of water
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds to garnish (optional)
- Instant Pot
- Press on the SAUTE setting on the Instant Pot and heat the oil.
- Saute the garlic and ginger for a minute, then add the beef to brown it. When the beef is browned, add the sauce ingredients and give them a stir. Switch off the SAUTE setting.
- Secure the lid and set the vent to SEALING. Select the PRESSURE COOK/MANUAL setting and set the cooking time for 8 minutes at high pressure. The Instant Pot will take around 5 minutes to come to pressure and start cooking. When the cooking program ends, quickly release the steam and remove the lid.
To thicken the sauce:
- Press on the SAUTE setting, and add the cornstarch slurry. Stir the sauce until it's thickened. If it's not thick enough, then add one more tablespoon of cornstarch with water mixed together before adding to the pot.
- Stir in the cooked broccoli and serve over rice. Garnish with toasted sesame seeds.
- I made a small quantity for this post, but you can easily double or triple the amount of the ingredients. The cooking time remains the same.
- Initially, the recipe called for half a cup of low-sodium soy sauce, but we decided to change this to just fourth a cup after we received feedback that the sauce turned out too salty.
- For more flavor, add 1 teaspoon of oyster sauce to the sauce.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
© Little Sunny Kitchen