Dump and start Instant Pot hibachi steak with mushrooms and zucchini cooked in a delicious soy sauce, and served over rice. This easy IP dinner is ready in just 15 minutes from start to finish!
If you’re a fan of steak and soy sauce, then you’re going to LOVE this! My husband loves Hibachi steak, and we usually order it when we eat out at Japanese steakhouse but recently learned how to make an easy IP version and we’re hooked!
Video (how to make hibachi steak in the IP)
Making IP hibachi steak at home means that you don’t need to wait for ages for the food to be ready, and you’re saving a lot of money.
Join our private Instant Pot and Air Fryer Facebook group where we share exclusive recipes, and answer all of your IP and AF questions! We hope to see you there!
WHAT IS HIBACHI STEAK?
The word hibachi is Japanese and translates to “Firepit”, it refers to both the grill that is used and to the dish
INSTANT POT HIBACHI STEAK RECIPE
This dish is probably one of the easiest IP dishes ever! It takes just 15 minutes to make from start to finish, and all you’ll need to do cube the steak and chop up the veggies, add the sauce ingredients into the IP along with the steak and veg, seal and cook for just 4 minutes!
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE THIS INSTANT POT HIBACHI STEAK
- An Instant Pot. I have this Instant Pot, it’s my favorite!
- I love these stainless steel measuring cups and use them every time I cook, as well as those measuring spoons.
- Soy sauce, if you’re using a low sodium soy sauce then you might need to salt the steak a little. For gluten-free, use tamari sauce instead.
- White vinegar or apple cider vinegar.
- Corn starch
- Sesame seeds
HOW TO MAKE INSTANT POT HIBACHI STEAK
Slice up the mushrooms, onion, and zucchini. Mince a clove of garlic, and grate a small piece of fresh ginger.
Make the sauce by adding the sauce ingredients directly to the Instant Pot.
Add the steak (sliced into cubes) to the pot, along with the vegetables. Give the ingredients a quick mix.
Cover the pot with the lid, and make sure that the valve is in sealing position. Click on manual or pressure cook, and cook on high for 4 minutes.
When the cooking is finished, quickly release the steam and serve over Instant Pot rice and garnish with toasted sesame seeds and chopped parsley.
If you feel like there’s too much liquid left, just simmer on “saute” mode for a few minutes until the sauce reduces (you can also add corn starch slurry to help to thicken the sauce). If you’re worried that your veggies will become too mushy, just remove them before simmering on saute and put them back in later.
WHAT KIND OF BEEF STEAK TO USE FOR IP HIBACHI STEAK?
I recommend getting either sirloin, ribeye or tenderloin cut. Buy a couple of pieces, and cube them at home using a sharp knife. You could save time and buy pre-sliced steak, but it’s going to be more expensive.
HOW LONG SHALL I COOK THE HIBACHI STEAK FOR?
If you’re using lean meat, and it’s cubed then cook for no longer than 4 minutes. Otherwise, cook for 5 minutes at high pressure but make sure that you slice the zucchini into thicker slices and quickly release the steam as soon as the cooking is finished.
Zucchinis are soft and quickly really quickly, so if you slice them too thin and you’re cooking for longer than 4 minutes then they will become mushy. Or, you could steak them separately and add them to the cooked meat and sauce at the end.
HOW TO THICKEN THE SAUCE?
If you feel like your sauce is a bit too thin, just add 1-2 teaspoons of corn starch with 1-2 teaspoons of water for the slurry and cook on saute for a minute or 2 to thicken it. Before thickening the sauce, remove the vegetables, and after thickening the sauce, put them back in.
If you have no corn starch available, then just add flour slurry or roux to thicken the sauce.
MORE GREAT INSTANT POT RECIPES
- Instant Pot sesame chicken
- Instant Pot hibachi chicken
- Instant Pot shrimp and broccoli
- Instant Pot beef and broccoli
- Instant Pot Tuscan chicken
Or check out my Instant Pot recipe collection!
If you make this recipe, please don’t forget to rate it and share a picture on social media. Tag #LittleSunnyKitchen in your posts as I would really love to see what you make! Thank you for supporting Little Sunny Kitchen, so I can keep sharing my family recipes with you for free.
Instant Pot Hibachi Steak
For the sauce:
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp white vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp ginger grated
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- ¼ tsp white pepper or black pepper
For the steak and vegetables:
- 1 lbs 450 grams beef steak sirloin, rib eye or tenderloin
- 1 zucchini sliced in rounds then halved
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 4 chestnut mushrooms sliced
- parsley chopped
- sesame seeds toasted
- Add the sauce ingredients to the Instant Pot. Soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, garlic, sugar, and white pepper.
- Then add cubed steak pieces, onion, zucchini, mushrooms.
- Cover with the lid, make sure that the valve is in sealing position. Click on manual or pressure cook, and cook on high for 4 minutes. When the cooking is finished, quickly release the steam and carefully open the lid. (If the sauce is not thick enough, then remove the vegetables and add 1-2 tsp of corn starch mixed with 1-2 tsp of water, and cook on saute for 1 minute, then return the veggies) Serve over rice and garnish with toasted sesame seeds and chopped parsley.