Dinner ready in under 20 minutes! This juicy and tender lemon baked cod is so healthy and delicious. All you need is 3 ingredients, salt, pepper, and a baking dish to make this delicious weeknight dinner.
Lemon Baked Cod Recipe
If you think that cooking fish is complicated, or that you need numerous ingredients not to end up with bland cod, I’m here to change your mind! You can actually make this healthy baked cod dinner with just a few ingredients, and it will turn out so flavorful with the right texture.
Baked cod a great low-carb protein, it’s low in calories and fat. Serve it with some steamed or roasted vegetables for a healthy meal that you can quickly whip up for your family.
Here’s what you’ll need to make baked cod with lemon:
- Cod fish – I buy mine frozen and thaw it before cooking. You can bake it from frozen though.
- Olive oil or butter – It depends on the flavor that you’re after, if you like that buttery creamy texture and flavor then go for butter. If you prefer a healthier and lighter version, then go for olive oil.
- Lemon – For lemon juice, and lemon slices. You can also add some lemon zest to the fish.
- Garlic granules – just sprinkle it over the fish, it adds a lovely flavor.
- Salt and pepper.
I recommend that you completely thaw the fish before baking. To do so quickly, thaw them in a bowl filled with cold water but make sure to place the cod in a plastic bag before you put it in the water. You can also bake cod from frozen, but I prefer to thaw it first.
So here’s what you need to do:
- Preheat the oven to 400F (200C).
- Pat dry the fish with paper towels, and place in a baking dish. Drizzle and brush with olive oil or melted butter then season with garlic granules, salt, and pepper.
- Flip the fish to the other side, and repeat.
- Drizzle with fresh lemon juice, and top with some lemon slices.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes depending on the thickness of the fish. The cod is ready when it’s opaque and flakes easily with a fork. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley and serve.
Storing and Reheating Tips
Store the leftovers in a food container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
To reheat, place in a pan and reheat over the stove until it’s warmed enough to your liking.
Sides That Go So Well With Baked Cod
- Roasted asparagus goes so well with baked cod.
- Roasted radishes, a great low-carb side!
- Creamy mashed potatoes.
- Roasted purple cauliflower salad.
- Red cabbage slaw.
- Buttered baby potatoes.
I don’t feel like I say this often enough, or that I could ever thank you enough. But THANK YOU for all of your support, for visiting my blog, commenting, and sharing my recipes with your friends and family. I am SO thankful for you!
If you make this recipe or any of my recipes, then don’t forget to rate it and leave a comment below. I would LOVE to hear about your experience and your comments just make my day!
I hope that you love every recipe that you make! – Diana x
Lemon Baked Cod
- 4 (5-6 oz) cod fillets about ½" thick, skinless and boneless
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley leaves
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C) – all oven types.
- Place in the oven and bake 12 to 15 minutes, until fish is opaque and flakes easily with a fork. Sprinkle with fresh herbs. Serve hot.
- Store the leftovers in a food container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- To reheat, place in a pan and reheat over the stove until it’s warmed enough to your liking.