These Instant Pot potatoes are cooked to perfection with butter, herbs, and garlic. Served with grated parmesan cheese, and parsley. A wonderful side dish to go with any meal, and ready in just 20 minutes!
There so many different ways to cook potatoes in the Instant Pot, but this recipe is definitely my favorite!
Instant Pot Potatoes Recipes
I love such recipes where very minimal effort is required, and you end up with a great tasting dish really quickly. I make these Instant Pot roasted potatoes all the time.
Actually, they’re not exactly roasted potatoes, they’re more like soft and buttery potatoes, that are so flavorful and delicious! Cooked with fresh garlic, herbs, and sprinkled with parmesan cheese and sea salt flakes.
Recommended Tools For This Recipe
These are the tools that I’ve used to make these roasted butter and garlic potatoes:
- Vegetable brush – to clean the baby potatoes
- A bowl – I have this gorgeous mixing bowl that I use all the time!
- Garlic press – the only garlic press that I will ever use. I’ve had this for over 5 years now and love it. Reliable, easy to use and wash, and never breaks.
- Chef’s knife
- A small jar – to melt the butter
- Instant Pot
- Parmesan grater
How to Make Instant Pot Potatoes
Start by washing your potatoes, I use a vegetable brush to get rid of any dirt. Dry the potatoes and slice them with a knife, I leave the smaller new potatoes as a whole and cut the bigger ones in halves.
Mince the garlic, chop the herbs and add them to the pot. Sprinkle with sea salt flakes.
Melt the butter in the microwave in a small jar, and pour it over the potatoes.
Add the vegetable broth, if you’re using a 6 quart Instant Pot or any other electric pressure cooker then you can use just 1/2 cup of broth although the minimum recommended amount is 1 cup.
Stir the potatoes with the butter and the stock to make sure that the potatoes are well coated.
Cover with the lid, and seal the Instant Pot. Cook on manual and select high pressure for 7 minutes. When the cooking is finished, do a quick release, unlock, remove the lid and serve!
Instant Pot Potatoes With Green Beans and Carrots
If you would like to add more vegetables to this, you certainly can! I usually add carrots and green beans. But as the green beans cook quicker than the potatoes, I suggest cooking in the Instant Pot for 5 minutes instead of 7 on high pressure. If you don’t mind the potatoes just a bit firmer, leave them as they are. If you want them to be soft, just cut them in halves.
This is a great way to add more vegetables to your meals and goes so well with everything.
What Size Instant Pot Is Needed?
This recipe is tested in my wonderful 6 quart Instant Pot. If you’re using an 8 quart, you will need to use a little bit more liquid.
How Can I Make a Large Batch?
I do this all the time! This recipe is perfect for dinner parties. I use the same amount of liquid and double the amount of the potatoes, cook on high pressure for 8 minutes, then leave the pot on “keep warm” until it’s time to serve the potatoes.
More Potato Recipes
- Cheesy mashed potato cakes
- Vegan potato cakes with carrot and rice
- Crushed/smashed new potatoes
- Batata Harra (Middle Eastern hot potatoes)
- Baked potatoes on the grill
And don’t forget to check out the rest of my Instant Pot recipes!
Join our private Instant Pot and Air Fryer Facebook group where we share exclusive recipes, and answer all of your IP and AF questions! We hope to see you there!
I don’t feel like I say this often enough, or that I could ever thank you enough. But THANK YOU for all of your support, for visiting my blog, commenting, and sharing my recipes with your friends and family. I am SO thankful for you!
If you make this recipe or any of my recipes, then don’t forget to rate it and leave a comment below. I would LOVE to hear about your experience and your comments just make my day!
I hope that you love every recipe that you make! – Diana x
Instant Pot Potatoes
- 2 pounds (900 grams) baby potatoes washed and cut into halves
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon oregano or rosemary
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- ½ cup (120 ml) vegetable stock
- Add the baby potatoes to the Instant Pot. Followed by minced garlic, herbs, ground black pepper, sea salt flakes, and melted butter.
- Add the vegetable stock or broth. Stir the potatoes with the butter, and the stock to make sure that the potatoes are well coated.
- Secure the lid and set the vent to SEALING. Select the PRESSURE COOK/MANUAL setting and set the cooking time for 7 minutes at high pressure. The Instant Pot will take around 6-7 minutes to come to pressure and start cooking. When the cooking program ends, quickly release the steam.
- Carefully remove the lid, and serve.
- The recommended portion size is 180 grams (6 oz) of potatoes per person.
- This recipe can be easily doubled, just add the amount of the ingredients except for the liquids.