These Instant Pot potatoes are cooked to perfection with butter, herbs and garlic. Served with grated parmesan cheese and parsley. A wonderful side dish to go with any meal, and ready in just 20 minutes!
There so many different ways to cook potatoes in the Instant Pot, but this recipe is definitely my favorite!
INSTANT POT POTATOES
I love such recipes where very minimal effort is required, and you end up with a great tasting dish really quickly. I make these Instant Pot roasted potatoes all the time.
Actually, they’re not exactly roasted potatoes, they’re more like soft and buttery potatoes, that are so flavorful and delicious! Cooked with fresh garlic, herbs, and sprinkled with parmesan cheese and sea salt flakes.
TOOLS NEEDED TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
These are the tools that I’ve used to make these roasted butter and garlic potatoes:
- Vegetable brush – to clean the baby potatoes
- A bowl – I have this gorgeous mixing bowl that I use all the time!
- IKEA garlic press – the only garlic press that I will ever use. I’ve had this for over 5 years now and love it. Reliable, easy to use and wash and never breaks.
- Chef’s knife
- A small jar – to melt the butter
- Instant Pot Duo 6 Qt 7 in 1
- Parmesan grater
HOW TO MAKE INSTANT POT POTATOES – STEP BY STEP
Start by washing your potatoes, I use a vegetable brush to get rid of any dirt. Dry the potatoes and slice them with a knife, I leave the smaller new potatoes as a whole and cut the bigger ones in halves.
Mince the garlic, chop the herbs and add them to the pot. Sprinkle with sea salt flakes.
Melt the butter in the microwave in a small jar, and pour it over the potatoes.
Add the vegetable broth, if you’re using a 6 quart Instant Pot or any other electric pressure cooker then you can use just 1/2 cup of broth although the minimum recommended amount is 1 cup.
Stir the potatoes with the butter and the broth to make sure that the potatoes are well coated.
Close the lid, and seal the IP. Cook on manual and select high pressure for 7 minutes. When the cooking is finished, do a quick release, unlock, remove the lid and serve!
WHAT SIZE INSTANT POT IS NEEDED?
This recipe is tested in my wonderful 6 quart Instant Pot. If you’re using an 8 quart, you will need to use more liquid!
HOW CAN I MAKE A LARGE BATCH?
I do this all the time! This recipe is perfect for dinner parties. I use the same amount of liquid and double the amount of the potatoes, cook on high pressure for 8 minutes, then leave the pot on “keep warm” until it’s time to serve the potatoes.
Want more potato recipes? Check these out…
Batata Harra (Middle Eastern hot potatoes)
And don’t forget to check out the rest of my Instant Pot recipes!
If you make this recipe, please don’t forget to rate it and share a picture on social media. Tag #LittleSunnyKitchen in your posts as I would really love to see what you make! Thank you for supporting Little Sunny Kitchen, so I can keep sharing my family recipes with you for free.
Instant Pot Potatoes
- 2 lbs 1 kg baby new potatoes washed and cut into halves
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp oregano or rosemary
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp butter melted
- 1/2 cup 120 ml vegetable broth or chicken broth
- 1 tsp sea salt flakes
- Wash the potatoes, then cut them into halves (I don't cut the smaller ones and leave as a whole). Put them in the Instant Pot, then season them with herbs, garlic, pepper and salt. Add melted butter and vegetable broth.
- Seal the IP, click on manual then select high pressure and cook for 7 minutes. When the cooking is finished, do a quick release, unlock, remove the lid and serve.
Love Mac and Cheese? Try my super creamy Instant Pot Mac and Cheese recipe!