These Instant Pot brown sugar glazed carrots make a wonderful side to accompany any meal. They are an absolute must for your holiday dinner, and they’re really easy to make!
With Easter coming up so soon, and after you guys LOVED my Instant Pot buttered potatoes recipe I decided that it’s time to share this family favorite with you that involves carrots so it’s perfect for Easter. And makes a great side dish that will go very well with your holiday dinner.
INSTANT POT CARROTS IN A BROWN SUGAR GLAZE
These candied carrots are so easy to throw together, they’re cooked to perfection in a caramel-like sauce. They’re sweet, soft and velvety and full of flavor.
I like to make these carrots when I’m cooking for a large group, the Instant Pot makes it so easy as it’s a dump and go recipe and can be left at “keep warm” setting until the carrots are ready to be served.
TOOLS NEEDED TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
These are the tools that I’ve used to make these roasted butter and garlic potatoes:
HOW TO MAKE INSTANT POT GLAZED CARROTS
This is sooo easy.
You will need the following ingredients:
- Baby carrots – or any other kind of carrots that you like. I use Chantenay baby carrots, but feel free to use regular carrots and slice them.
- Brown sugar – light brown sugar is what I usually use but I reckon that dark brown sugar works well.
- Butter – I used sunflower butter, but any kind of butter will work.
- Garlic – crushed garlic
- Water – just 1/2 a cup of water is enough for the 6-quart Instant Pot
- Cinnamon – I add cinnamon if I’m making this for Christmas for that extra holiday touch.
Put all of the ingredients in your Instant Pot, then give them a stir and close the lid.
Make sure that your Instant Pot vent is in sealing position so that the steam does not escape.
Cook on manual high pressure for 5 minutes.
After the cooking is done, do a quick release. Open the lid, give the carrots a stir, garnish with thyme or parsley and serve.
You will find some liquid left in the pot, so I just use a slotted spoon to put the carrots in a bowl. Then I pour just a little bit of the sauce over the carrots for that lovely glaze and flavor.
EASTER SIDE DISHES
If you’re looking for more delicious and easy Easter side dishes, then why not check these out:
Don’t forget to check out the rest of my Instant Pot recipes!
If you make this recipe, please don’t forget to rate it and share a picture on social media. Tag #LittleSunnyKitchen in your posts as I would really love to see what you make! Thank you for supporting Little Sunny Kitchen, so I can keep sharing my family recipes with you for free.
Instant Pot Glazed Carrots
- 2 lbs (1 kg) baby carrots I used Chantenay carrots
- 2 tbsp butter I use sunflower butter
- 1/4 cup (50 grams) brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground paprika
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) water
- thyme or parsley to garnish (or if you like the taste of thyme, then you can add it before the cooking starts)
- Add all ingredients in the Instant Pot. Cover with the lid, and seal.
- Cook on manual - high pressure for 5 minutes.
- Once the cooking is finished, do a quick release for the steam. Give the carrots a stir for the glaze to cover the carrots well and serve.