Air fryer asparagus makes a great side dish to be served on the side of any meal! Cooked to perfection in just 8 minutes, this recipe is easy, quick and requires very minimal effort.
This post explains how you can make air fryer asparagus with olive oil and seasoning, as well as air fryer asparagus and mushrooms with almonds!
Sometimes the simplest dishes are the best, and this air fryer asparagus is one of the easiest side dishes that you can make that goes very well on the side of your protein.
Air fryer roasted asparagus is a very tasty side dish, but if you want to jazz this side dish up a little just add some mushrooms to your frying basket!
AIR FRYER ASPARAGUS
The asparagus always comes out soft and tender from the inside when cooked in the air fryer, but with crispy ends. And these crispy ends is what makes this method of cooking so special. I could even devour a plate of this asparagus on my own, I just sprinkle some extra nutritional yeast flakes and Oh my God how can anyone resist?!
TOOLS NEEDED TO MAKE AIR ASPARAGUS
- An Air Fryer. This is my favorite air fryer.
- Stainless steel locking tongs
- I can’t live without this non-stick grill pan accessory, I use it all the time!
- I love these stainless steel measuring cups and use them every time I cook, as well as those measuring spoons.
- These are the mixing bowls that you see in all of my pictures, they’re honestly the best!
- This air fryer magnetic cheat sheet is very handy, it contains cooking time and temperature to cook 66 most common ingredients which I find very useful.
- I also really like these air fryer parchment liners, they’re not just for steaming and you can use them for cooking things like fries or chicken without worrying that the food will stick to the basket. They’re also quite cheap and there are 100 pcs in a package.
- And for a full set of air fryer accessories, I recommend this set.
HOW TO MAKE SIMPLE AIR FRYER ASPARAGUS – STEP BY STEP TUTORIAL
This is sooo easy, and can be summed up in just 2 sentences. But I decided that I’ll explain in detail how to achieve the perfect crispiness that I’m sure that you want and just in case you might have any questions, I’ll do my best to answer them below.
Start by washing the asparagus, and trimming the ends off. The ends tend to be a bit dry and woody, so you need to get rid of those. Trim about 2 inches, but this also depends on how fresh your asparagus is.
Scatter the asparagus stalks in your air fryer basket.
You will need an oil mister, I have this one and I love it so much. I just fill it with olive oil and use it to spray my salads, veggies for roasting and even baking pans.
Spray the asparagus with the oil mister, and season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Insert the frying basket into the air fryer, and cook on 390f (200c) for 8 minutes.
Now that the asparagus is ready, serve it immediately as a side dish and enjoy!
WHAT TO SERVE AIR FRYER ASPARAGUS WITH
Now comes one of my all-time favorite recipes, asparagus with mushrooms and almonds!
HOW TO MAKE AIR FRYER ASPARAGUS AND MUSHROOMS
To make this simple and tasty dish, you will need:
Salt and pepper
As done above, wash and trim the asparagus stalks and slice the mushrooms into quarters. Place in the air fryer, spray with olive oil using an oil mister, season and cook on 390f (200c) for 8 minutes.
Meanwhile, soak some unblanched almonds in warm water. This will help them soften a little (the almonds will still be crunchy but just easier to eat and this texture goes better with the crispy asparagus).
Once you take them out from the water, roughly chop them and set aside..
After 8 minutes, your asparagus and mushrooms will be ready.
Arrange in a serving plate, top with chopped almonds, season with salt and pepper.. and enjoy!
MORE SEASONING IDEAS
- Sprinkle with a handful of freshly grated parmesan cheese or nutritional yeast
- Zest and juice of a lemon
- Sprinkle with chili flakes
- Melted garlic butter
- Top with toasted pine nuts or cashews
- Fresh mint leaves
AIR FRIED ASPARAGUS WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS
There are 0 smart points in this asparagus side dish
If you make this recipe, please don’t forget to rate it and share a picture on social media. Tag #LittleSunnyKitchen in your posts as I would really love to see what you make! Thank you for supporting Little Sunny Kitchen, so I can keep sharing my family recipes with you for free.
Air Fryer Asparagus
- 2 cups (200 grams) Fresh Asparagus with the ends trimmed (about 2 inches)
- 1 tbsp Olive oil Spray
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Nutritional yeast optional
If making with mushrooms
- 2/3 cup (50 grams) mushrooms sliced into quarters
- 1/8 cup (20 grams) almonds soaked in warm water for at least 15 minutes
- 1 tsp rosemary chopped
- Start by washing and trimming the ends of the asparagus (about 2 inches just to get rid off the woody part).
- Spray with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and ground black pepper.. If using mushrooms, add the chopped mushrooms as well.
- Cook in the air fryer basket for 8 minutes at 390F (200c). When ready, serve. If you’re making asparagus with mushrooms, then arrange the asparagus and mushrooms in a plate, top with chopped almonds and rosemary.
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting Little Sunny Kitchen.