Super simple and delicious crispy Air Fryer cauliflower! Thanks to the Air Fryer, you can easily and quickly make a tasty cauliflower side dish with just a handful of ingredients in no time.
Roasted cauliflower makes such a wonderful side. It goes so well with many dishes, and it’s great in salads. I love roasting cauliflower to add to my buddha bowls, salads, and even soups like this curried cauliflower soup (it’s amazing!). It can also make a great low-calorie snack!
So if you’re one of those people that keep buying heads of cauliflower, but never know what to do with it. Here’s a very easy and simple side dish recipe for you made in the Air Fryer. Don’t have an Air Fryer? No problem! Just use your oven!
The reason why I love this Air Fryer cauliflower recipe so much is that you get the “fried” crisp taste and texture of cauliflower without actually frying it in oil. It uses just a fraction of the oil that you’d normally use, and the recipe is actually quite healthy.
How to Cut Cauliflower
Remove the leaves, and wash the cauliflower head. Pat completely dry using a clean kitchen towel or paper towels.
Using a chef’s knife, cut off the cauliflower stalk so it can sit on your counter. Then slice it in half vertically, and remove the core while holding the knife at an angle. The florets will separate on their own, or use the tip of the knife to separate them.
Are Cauliflower Leaves and Stems Edible?
Yes! They’re completely edible. I always roast the leaves and serve them on the side. And I freeze the stems then use them in smoothies. You can also use them in soups, stir fry, or stews.
How to Season Cauliflower
After you’ve cut the cauliflower into florets. Place the florets in a bowl so it’s easier to season. Drizzle with olive oil, and use your favorite seasonings. I usually go for turmeric, smoked paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
How to Air Fry Cauliflower
Toss the cauliflower florets so that they’re well coated in the seasoning and roast in the Air Fryer at 390°F (200°C) for around 15 minutes flipping every 3 minutes.
You have to keep an eye on the cauliflower as it’s being roasted in the Air Fryer as it can burn easily, it’s also different from one cauliflower to another depending on the freshness of the cauliflower and the density of the florets (so it might take less or more time). Check every 3 minutes and shake the basket so that the florets are roasted evenly.
When the air frying process is done, remove the crispy cauliflower from the air fryer basket and serve on a plate. It can be enjoyed either warm or cold with freshly squeezed lemon juice!
If you’re avoiding oil, you can leave it out. The texture will be a bit different, but it will still turn out delicious (the oil helps get crispy cauliflower). To avoid the cauliflower from sticking to the air fryer basket, check out these air fryer parchment paper liners. They’re cheap, and great for easy clean up too!
Can I Use Frozen Cauliflower Florets?
You can, but make sure that it’s completely thawed before you roast it. Frozen cauliflower will produce a lot of moisture which you don’t want as it will result in a “mushy” texture.
Join our private Instant Pot and Air Fryer Facebook group where we share exclusive recipes, and answer all of your IP and AF questions! We hope to see you there!
I don’t feel like I say this often enough, or that I could ever thank you enough. But THANK YOU for all of your support, for visiting my blog, commenting, and sharing my recipes with your friends and family. I am SO thankful for you!
If you make this recipe or any of my recipes, then don’t forget to rate it and leave a comment below. I would LOVE to hear about your experience and your comments just make my day!
I hope that you love every recipe that you make! – Diana x
Air Fryer Cauliflower
- 1 small cauliflower head cut into florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Drizzle the cauliflower florets with olive oil, then toss with turmeric, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper so that they're well coated in the seasoning.
- Roast in the Air Fryer at 390°F (200°C) for around 15 minutes flipping every 3 minutes.
- When the air frying process is done, remove from the air fryer basket and serve on a plate. It can be enjoyed either warm or cold.
- You have to keep an eye on the cauliflower as it’s being roasted in the Air Fryer as it can burn easily, it’s also different from one cauliflower to another depending on the freshness of the cauliflower and the density of the florets (so it might take less or more time). Check every 3 minutes and shake the basket so that the florets are roasted evenly.
- Use your favorite seasonings. You can add curry powder, cumin, coriander, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, etc.
- You can use avocado, or corn oil instead of olive oil.