Easy pan fried honey garlic salmon – this meal is ready in just under 15 minutes!
I once read that the omega-3 fatty acids found in salmon hydrate your skin, help reduce redness and make you look prettier! The article also said that you will be able to see the result within the same day. I love salmon so much but this fact makes me love it even more!
We are big fans of salmon in my family, and we cook it quite often. This red fish is just one of these foods that I wouldn’t mind eating everyday. I like smoked salmon, baked, fried, added to pasta, topped on pizza or pretty much in any form. I also love how easy salmon is to make. If you choose to bake or pan fry, it takes very little time until it’s done and can be served.
HONEY GARLIC SALMON
This recipe is quite simple but definitely a favourite. It will take only 15 minutes for you to prepare, cook and beautify yourself by eating this tasty dish! If you are trying to incorporate more fish in your diet, do give this recipe a try.
I believe when fish a recipe calls for fewer ingredients, the dish is generally very good. Too many ingredients can mask the taste of the salmon, so I have only added honey, crushed garlic, lemon juice, crushed red chillies, black pepper, and salt. To make this dish I used Norwegian Salmon, for more information on Norwegian Salmon please visit the Norwegian Seafood Council website.
When cooking the salmon; cook the fillets until half done, then add lemon wedges to the pan to give a lovely citric flavour. When you add the honey garlic mixture, it will become a little sticky, making the pan slightly charred. This is where the amazing flavours come from!
WHAT TO SERVE HONEY GARLIC SALMON WITH
Honey Garlic Salmon
Simple and easy honey garlic salmon dinner
- 3 salmon fillets 120 grams each
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp warm water
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp crushed red chillies
- 1 lemon sliced into wedges
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Parsley chopped
- In a small bowl, combine honey, lemon juice, warm water, garlic, salt and pepper. Stir well to combine.
- Add the mixture to the salmon fillets, add more black pepper and salt if needed. Sprinkle with crushed red chillies.
- Heat coconut oil in a skillet, pan fry the salon until half done. Then add lemon wedges to the pan as this will give a lovely flavour. Cook until well done.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley, serve with potatoes or vegetables.