A refreshing vegan red cabbage slaw put together in just 10 minutes! This salad is perfect for picnics, potlucks, BBQs, lunches, or even a light dinner.
I love a light and crunchy slaw, for me it’s an exciting way to have my veggies and enjoy a combination of fresh and zesty flavours with lovely textures. This red cabbage slaw is perfect for potlucks, picnics, BBQ days and also great for a quick lunch or even a light dinner. It’s so easy to throw together, and it’s one of these foods that will make you feel good.
IS RED CABBAGE HEALTHIER THAN WHITE/GREEN CABBAGE?
Both varieties are great and need to be included in our diet. However, red cabbage is richer in vitamin A, contains more antioxidant by 30%, and has more vitamin C than an orange!
RED CABBAGE SLAW INGREDIENTS
Green chili or jalapeno
For the dressing:
Apple cider vinegar, red wine vinegar or lemon
Cayenne or chili powder
Black pepper and salt
HOW TO MAKE RED CABBAGE SLAW
Prepare the veggies. Start by shredding the cabbage and the carrots. I used my Japanese shredder to shred the cabbage.
Dice the green chili or jalapeno, and chop the spring onions.
For the sauce, mince the garlic and place all of the sauce in a small jar and shake until it’s well combined.
In a large bowl, add the veggies and toss with the dressing until combined. Let the slaw chill in the fridge before serving.
Looking for more tasty slaw recipes? Try my daikon (white radish) slaw!
If you make this recipe, please don’t forget to rate it and share a picture on social media. Tag #LittleSunnyKitchen in your posts as I would really love to see what you make! Thank you for supporting Little Sunny Kitchen, so I can keep sharing my family recipes with you for free.
Red Cabbage Slaw
- 1 head Red cabbage shredded
- 2 Carrot peeled and shredded
- 1 Green chili or jalapeno deseeded and diced
- 2 Spring onions chopped
- 2 tbsp Parsley to garnish
For the dressing:
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- 3 tbsp Apple cider vinegar red wine vinegar or lemon
- 1 tsp Maple syrup
- ¼ tsp Cayenne or chili powder
- 1 clove Garlic crushed
- Black pepper and salt to taste
- Prepare the veggies. Start by shredding the cabbage and the carrots. Dice the green chili or jalapeno, and chop the spring onions.
- For the sauce, mince the garlic and place all of the sauce in a small jar and shake until it's well combined.
- In a large bowl, add the veggies and toss with the dressing until combined. Have a taste and adjust seasonings if needed. Let the slaw chill in the fridge before serving.