Sheet pan winter roasted purple cauliflower salad made with different kinds of cauliflower and broccoli, then drizzled with a tasty refreshing dressing.
Purple cauliflowers are available in our local farmer’s market, and as I really love roasted cauliflower I thought that I’d share this easy vegan purple cauliflower recipe with you!
What Is Purple Cauliflower?
Purple cauliflower is a type of cauliflower and a winter vegetable. Very similar to white cauliflower in taste and texture, it’s quite dense but has a sweeter and nuttier taste.
The florets have a vibrant violet hue, but the stalks are white.
Purple Cauliflower Benefits
Purple cauliflower is a superfood. It’s packed with vitamin C, antioxidants, folate and fiber. It has anti-cancer properties, protects from heart disease and may help in weight loss.
Sheet Pan Roasted Purple Cauliflower Salad
This is a very simple roasted purple cauliflower salad, as purple cauliflower is the star of the dish. But if you don’t have purple cauliflower available, don’t worry! Just use white cauliflower instead.
White cauliflower florets are seasoned with turmeric, ground black pepper and salt. While white cauliflower and broccoli are seasoned with just black pepper and salt. The salad isn’t just beautiful, but it also tastes amazing!
How to Roast Cauliflower?
I love roasted vegetables, and cauliflower is always on the rotation. Roasting cauliflower is to easy, and I love the texture and the taste!
All you have to do is cut the cauliflower or broccoli into florets (see picture below), spread on a sheet pan, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with your seasonings. Mix everything together, then roast at 180c (356f) for 20-30 minutes or until the cauliflower is soft enough for you.
My favorite white cauliflower seasoning is turmeric, smoked paprika, black pepper and salt. But feel free to add any seasonings that you like. For the purple cauliflower, I just use salt and pepper. If you like garlic, then adding garlic granules or powder is a great idea.
Once roasted, the tips of the cauliflower florets will turn golden, and that’s okay. That means that the cauliflower is slightly crispy from the outside but soft from the inside.
Lemon Garlic Salad Dressing
I paired this salad with a zesty refreshing garlic dressing, it’s tangy, sweet, and savory at the same time! Here’s how I make it:
- Start by finely chopping fresh parsley leaves
- Add minced garlic, mustard, olive oil, lemon juice, maple syrup or honey, salt, and pepper.
- Whisk everything together until well combined, and have a little taste to see if you would like to adjust anything like adding more salt or maple.
You can also do something different, and add more color to the salad by adding this pink raspberry dressing instead!
To assemble the salad: After roasting the cauliflower florets, place them in a bowl, then pour the salad dressing over the cauliflower and broccoli. Give everything a good mix so that the dressing is well distributed, and serve.
Finish off with some flaked almonds, or sunflower seeds for a lovely crunch.
I would only add the dressing to the roasted cauliflower before serving. Store the roasted cauliflower separate in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
More Great Salads
I don’t feel like I say this often enough, or that I could ever thank you enough. But THANK YOU for all of your support, for visiting my blog, commenting, and sharing my recipes with your friends and family. I am SO thankful for you!
If you make this recipe or any of my recipes, then don’t forget to rate it and leave a comment below. I would LOVE to hear about your experience and your comments just make my day!
I hope that you love every recipe that you make! – Diana x
Roasted Purple Cauliflower Salad
- ½ white cauliflower head cut into florets
- ½ purple cauliflower head cut into florets
- ½ broccoli head cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
Lemon garlic salad dressing
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ½ cup parsley finely chopped but not packed
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon salt check if you need to add more
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
To roast the cauliflower and broccoli
- Season the white cauliflower with turmeric, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper. Then season the purple cauliflower and broccoli with salt and pepper. Add garlic granules or powder if you like.
- Drizzle with olive oil, and mix everything together (mix the white cauliflower with turmeric separately). Lay on a sheet pan, and roast for 20-30 minutes at 180°C (356°F) or until the veggies are soft and cooked through.
Lemon garlic salad dressing
- Start by finely chopping fresh parsley leaves. Add minced garlic, mustard, olive oil, lemon juice, maple syrup or honey, salt and pepper. Whisk everything together until well combined.
- Pour the dressing over the roasted cauliflower and broccoli, give the salad a good mix then finish with flaked almond and serve.
- Feel free to season all of the veggies with one seasoning which is the turmeric and smoked paprika, but this might change the vibrant purple color as well as the green color of broccoli.
- Garnish the salad with flaked almonds, or sunflower seeds.
- For an easy salad dressing, just drizzle some extra virgin olive oil and lemon juice over the salad, and season with salt and pepper.
- This recipe works for any kind of cauliflower, not necessarily just purple cauliflower.