These roasted radishes make a simple and delicious side! They’re so easy to make, and are usually referred to as the keto diet potatoes. The roasted radishes turn out tender from the outside, and crispy from the outside. When they’re roasted, they lose their sharp peppery taste and become mild but the color stays vibrant and gorgeous and they taste amazing.
Roasting vegetables is always a delight. I mean, who doesn’t love roasted vegetables? Whether they’re roasted to be served as a side dish, or a random vegan dinner with a tahini dressing. Roasted vegetables always taste amazing.
So I recently got a bag of radishes, and thought, why not throw in a few radishes on the roasting sheet and see how they turn out. And trust me you guys, roasting radishes takes them to the next level!
I tossed the radishes in olive oil, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. And the result was amazing!
How to Roast Radishes
Wash and trim your radishes from any green leaves or stalks. Cut them in halves in even pieces.
Spread the radishes on a sheet pan, and season them with Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Toss with olive oil, and make sure that the radishes are well coated.
Arrange in a single layer so that they crisp up. If the sheet pan is too crowded, the radishes will steam rather than roast.
Roast at 220c (430f) for 20 minutes. If your radishes are big in size, they might take a bit longer so start checking after 15 minutes and flip them.
When they’re crisp enough and are fork-tender from the inside, take them out and serve them warm or at room temperature.
These roasted radishes are perfect to be served with other roasted vegetables or as a side next to steak, chicken, or even in a salad.
Video Tutorial on How to Roast Radishes
I created a video to show you exactly how I roast radishes.
- Fridge: Store leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3-4 days.
- Freezer: If you plan to freeze radishes, partially roast them first then continue the roasting process after defrosting.
Drizzle With a Creamy Tahini Dressing!
The dressing is NOT optional. I mean, it’s too good for it to be optional! I ALWAYS make a simple tahini dressing to drizzle over roasted radishes. You only need 5 ingredients: tahini paste, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and water.
I usually just eyeball the amounts of the ingredients, but if you need the measurements I shared the recipe in this Instagram post so make sure to check it out.
More Tasty Sides
- Roasted cauliflower salad
- Smothered potatoes
- Crushed new potatoes
- Air fryer chickpeas
- Instant Pot broccoli
- 1 pound (450 grams) radishes
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- sheet pan
- Wash and trim the roots, green leaves, or stalks. Cut them in halves in even pieces.
- Spread the radishes on a sheet pan, and season them with Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Toss with olive oil, and make sure that the radishes are well coated.
- Arrange in a single layer so that they crisp up. If the sheet pan is too crowded, the radishes will steam rather than roast.
- Roast at 220°C (430°F) for 20 minutes. If your radishes are big in size, they might take a bit longer so start checking after 15 minutes and flip them.
- When they’re crisp enough, take them out and serve them warm or at room temperature.
- Bigger radishes might take longer to roast. Start checking after 15 minutes, and flip them to evenly roast them.
- Serve with a drizzle of creamy tahini dressing.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
© Little Sunny Kitchen