Pasta Chips is the latest viral Tiktok trend that’s all over Tiktok right now! Cooked pasta is tossed in olive oil and seasonings, then cooked until crispy. Make this fun snack or appetizer in just 25 minutes.
Tiktok has been a popular platform for users to share their cooking hacks, and simple fun recipes. Some of the recipes go viral, and for a good reason. I mean, we all loved the whipped coffee hack! And the baked feta pasta is always on our rotation.
If you still haven’t tried the baked oats hack, please do! It’s like having cake for breakfast, but healthy! I also really enjoyed making my own hot cocoa bombs, they’re cute, fun, and make a great gift.
Tiktok also turned our beloved Italian pasta into snackable finger food, and we’re hooked!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Crunchy! – What you will love about these pasta chips is the crunch. Cooked pasta is baked or air fried to create super crispy pasta chips, and they’re perfect.
- Simple Ingredients – All you need to make these is pasta, oil, and a few seasonings. I bet you already have that in your kitchen!
- Versatile Recipe – Use your favorite seasonings. I usually like to do garlic and onion powder with smoked paprika. Try Italian seasoning, taco seasoning, ranch seasoning, or this amazing french fry seasoning!
- Dippable – Pasta chips are 10/10 dippable! I mean, serve them with your favorite dip and it will become your favorite snack. Try marinara, guacamole, french onion dip, lime crema, garlic sauce, pesto, or ranch. You can even serve them with baba ganoush or my favorite hummus recipe!
Ingredients And Substitutions
Here’s what you need to make these
- Pasta: Use any pasta shape that is not small, and easy to grab and dip. Go for penne, rigatoni, ziti, fusili, shells or bow ties.
- Olive oil: The oil is important to flavor and crisp up the chips. Don’t skip it!
- Seasonings: Have fun with the seasonings, use what you like. You can even do parmesan, or fresh herbs, just do what you heart desires!
Complete list of ingredients and amounts can be found in the recipe card below.
How To Make Recipe
- Cook the pasta in salted water until al dente. Drain in colander, and place in a bowl.
- Toss the pasta with oil and seasonings.
- Air fry, or bake. My favorite way to cook pasta chips is in the air fryer, they cook more evenly, and have the best texture. You can also bake the chips, but they won’t be as crispy as when they’re air fried.
Text here. Do not delete or change the title.
Make sure you convert this reusable block to a regular block by:
selecting this block (if necessary, use the up arrow to select the entire block, not the text within the block) and clicking the button that looks like two boxes overlapping each other.
Tips For Making The Best Pasta Chips
- Don’t use too much oil! Sure the oil helps with the crunch, but adding too much may result in greasy chips and we don’t want that.
- Shake the basket every 2 minutes. I learned this the hard way, I stepped away for 5 minutes, and my pasta chips were burnt from one side! Shaking the basket will result in even cooking.
- Make pasta chip nachos! Layer the pasta chips in the air fryer in parchment lined basket. Top with cheese, and your favorite nacho toppings. Air Fryer until the cheese has melted.
Frequently Asked Questions About Pasta Chips
Totally! I tried this with gluten free pasta and it worked great.
Yes. Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C, place on a sheet pan and cook for 15-18 minutes flipping the pasta chips every 4 minutes.
It depends on what healthy means to you, but they are definitely healthier than buying a bag of potato chips from the store.
My version of pasta chips is vegan as all I use is pasta, olive oil, and a few seasonings. Many recipes use parmesan cheese, you can skip it or substitute it with nutritional yeast for a cheesy flavor.
If you try this recipe, don’t forget to rate it and share your experience in a comment below! I LOVE hearing from you! And don’t forget to pin it for more people to enjoy too!
- 8 ounces (225g) dried pasta penne, rigatoni, fusilli, shells, bow ties, ziti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Air fryer
- Cook pasta according to package directions (in salted water) until al dente.
- Drain, and place in a bowl. Toss with olive oil and seasonings.
- Air fry for 10-12 minutes at 400°F/200°C shaking every 3 minutes.
- To bake: Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C, place on a sheet pan and cook for 15-18 minutes flipping the pasta chips every 4 minutes.
- Shake the basket every 2 minutes. This is very important to prevent the pasta chips from burning from one side. Shaking the basket will result in even cooking.
- Use your favorite seasonings. I usually like to do garlic and onion powder with smoked paprika. Try Italian seasoning, taco seasoning, ranch seasoning, or this amazing french fry seasoning!
- Dips – Try marinara, guacamole, french onion dip, lime crema, garlic sauce, pesto, or ranch. You can even serve them with baba ganoush or my favorite hummus recipe!
- Gluten free pasta will work in this recipe.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
© Little Sunny Kitchen