Ditch that bottle of store-bought ranch, and make your own homemade ranch dressing from scratch! It’s so simple, using just a few ingredients, and turns out so flavorful!
We LOVE ranch dressing in our house, I mean it’s America’s favorite dressing and a bestseller since 1992! And my favorite way to have ranch is, of course, with pizza! I also serve it with my Air fryer jalapeno poppers, Air Fryer chicken wings, add it to grilled chicken wraps and sandwiches, grilled chicken tenders, baked potatoes, and to dip fresh veggies and oven-baked fries.
I don’t really mind store-bought ranch dressing, it’s fine, and I always get it when we order Dominos. But homemade ranch dressing is honestly 100x times better! I mean this homemade ranch dressing is hands down the BEST ranch dressing I’ve ever had!! It’s so easy to whip with ingredients that I already have in my kitchen.
Here’s what you’ll need:
Complete list of ingredients and amounts can be found in the recipe card below.
- Mayonnaise – great dips always start with mayonnaise 😁 speaking of mayo-based dips, have you tried my Yum yum sauce? It’s to die for!!
- Sour cream, and buttermilk – OR just sour cream, OR sour cream with milk, OR just Greek yogurt. Basically, use whatever you have available!
- Fresh OR dried herbs – both work just fine!
How to Make Homemade Ranch Dressing
Gather the ingredients in a bowl, and whisk the ingredients together until well combined. You can thin the ranch dressing out by adding more buttermilk/milk/water if you’re using it for salads, that way, you can pour it smoothly over salads. If I’m using it for chicken wraps, and pizza, then I like to keep it thick.
Test taste your ranch dressing, and adjust any seasonings to your preference. Need more salt? Garlic powder? Lemon juice? Add them!
Store in a sealed glass jar in the fridge for up to one week. I recommend chilling the dressing for at least 1 hour before serving, this allows the flavors to get to know each other and it just becomes tastier!
I tried freezing the dressing, but it does not freeze well.
- Blend in an avocado for a super creamy avocado ranch dressing.
- Add a splash of pickle juice for an extra tang!
- To make jalapeno ranch, add finely diced pickled jalapenos into the mixture.
- Add a mixture of shredded cheeses to make a cheesy ranch.
- Add crumbled bacon if you love bacon!
For more awesome salad dressings, check out my easy Caesar dressing, lime crema, raspberry vinaigrette for a fruity dressing, bang bang sauce, and yum yum sauce.
Did you make this? Be sure to leave a review below and tag me on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest!
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- ½ cup buttermilk or regular milk
- 2 teaspoons fresh dill weed or 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley or ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon fresh chives ½ teaspoon dried chives
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Gather the ingredients in a bowl, and whisk the ingredients together until well combined.
- You can thin the ranch dressing out by adding more buttermilk/milk/water if you're using it for salads, that way, you can pour it smoothly over salads.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
© Little Sunny Kitchen
Leave a Review!