Ditch that bottle of store-bought ranch, and make your own homemade ranch dressing from scratch! It’s so simple, using just a few ingredients, and turns out so flavorful!
We LOVE ranch dressing in our house, I mean it’s America’s favorite dressing and a bestseller since 1992! And my favorite way to have ranch is, of course, with pizza! I also serve it with my Air Fryer chicken wings, add it to grilled chicken wraps and sandwiches, grilled chicken tenders, baked potatoes, and to dip fresh veggies and oven-baked fries.
I don’t really mind store-bought ranch dressing, it’s fine, and I always get it when we order Dominos. But homemade ranch dressing is honestly 100x times better! I mean this homemade ranch dressing is hands down the BEST ranch dressing I’ve ever had!! It’s so easy to whip with ingredients that I already have in my kitchen.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Mayonnaise – great dips always start with mayonnaise 😁 speaking of mayo-based dips, have you tried my Yum yum sauce? It’s to die for!!
- Sour cream, and buttermilk – OR just sour cream, OR sour cream with milk, OR just Greek yogurt. Basically, use whatever you have available!
- Fresh OR dried herbs – both work just fine!
How to Make Homemade Ranch Dressing
Gather the ingredients in a bowl, and whisk the ingredients together until well combined. You can thin the ranch dressing out by adding more buttermilk/milk/water if you’re using it for salads, that way, you can pour it smoothly over salads. If I’m using it for chicken wraps, and pizza, then I like to keep it thick.
Test taste your ranch dressing, and adjust any seasonings to your preference. Need more salt? Garlic powder? Lemon juice? Add them!
Store in a sealed glass jar in the fridge for up to one week. I recommend chilling the dressing for at least 1 hour before serving, this allows the flavors to get to know each other and it just becomes tastier!
I tried freezing the dressing, but it does not freeze well.
- Blend in an avocado for a super creamy avocado ranch dressing.
- Add a splash of pickle juice for an extra tang!
- To make jalapeno ranch, add finely diced pickled jalapenos into the mixture.
- Add a mixture of shredded cheeses to make a cheesy ranch.
- Add crumbled bacon if you love bacon!
I don’t feel like I say this often enough, or that I could ever thank you enough. But THANK YOU for all of your support, for visiting my blog, commenting, and sharing my recipes with your friends and family. I am SO thankful for you!
If you make this recipe or any of my recipes, then don’t forget to rate it and leave a comment below. I would LOVE to hear about your experience and your comments just make my day!
I hope that you love every recipe that you make! – Diana x
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- ½ cup buttermilk or regular milk
- 2 teaspoons fresh dill weed or 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley or 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon fresh chives 1/2 teaspoon dried chives
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Gather the ingredients in a bowl, and whisk the ingredients together until well combined.
- You can thin the ranch dressing out by adding more buttermilk/milk/water if you're using it for salads, that way, you can pour it smoothly over salads.