This Instant Pot honey mustard chicken is so simple, made with ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen, and perfect to make on the busiest weeknights!
I’m one of these people that try to eat home-cooked meals as much as possible. Both my husband and I love cooking and eat in most of the time, except for times when we really want to go out for a nice dinner or want to check out a newly opened restaurant in town.
Meal prep makes it easier for us to stay on track, and eat healthy meals at home. But sometimes, things get in the way and I get tired of cooking
Instant Pot dinners are a life changer! You guys have no idea how much do I love my Instant Pot, and honestly, I don’t know what I would do without it!
And this Instant Pot honey mustard chicken is a great example. Easy and quick recipe, very simple ingredients, healthy and tastes amazing!
- An Instant Pot. I currently use this Instant Pot, it’s my favorite!
- I love these stainless steel measuring cups and use them every time I cook, as well as these measuring spoons.
How to Make Instant Pot Honey Mustard Chicken
For this recipe, you can use a skinless chicken breast and cut them into cubes (you’ll have to reduce the cooking time), but I recommend that you get bone-in skin-on thighs for more flavor. You’ll get incredible flavors and the chicken will be juicy.
Start by selecting the SAUTE setting. Heat the oil, season the chicken thighs, and brown them. The chicken will release juices as it cooks and this will be used for the sauce.
Add water to deglaze the pan and with a wooden spoon remove any bits stuck to the bottom of the pot.
Add the rest of the sauce ingredients; garlic, honey, and mustards.
Throw in the potatoes and the carrots. I use new baby potatoes, but regular potatoes can work if diced to smaller chunks.
Season with more salt and pepper, cover with the lid and make sure that the valve is in sealing position.
Press on manual or pressure cooking, high pressure, and cook for 6 minutes.
When the cooking is finished, quickly release the steam and carefully open the lid. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve.
More Great Instant Pot Recipes
- Instant Pot chicken wings
- Instant Pot hibachi steak
- Instant Pot fajita rice
- Instant Pot steak fajitas
- Instant Pot chicken fajitas
Or check out my Instant Pot recipe collection!
- 6 chicken thighs bone-in, skin-on
- 1 tablespoon oil olive or vegetable
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup water
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons stone ground mustard/whole grain mustard NOT ground mustard powder
- 1 pound (450g) baby potatoes sliced in halves
- 3 carrots peeled and sliced into 1-2 inch pieces
- Instant Pot
- Press on the SAUTE setting, then heat the oil, season the chicken thighs and brown them well. Start by chicken skin side down.
- Add water to deglaze the pot and with a wooden spoon remove any bits stuck to the bottom of the pot. Switch off the saute setting.
- Add the rest of the sauce ingredients; garlic, honey, and mustards. Followed by potatoes and carrots.
- Season with more salt and pepper, cover with the lid and make sure that the valve is in sealing position.
- Press on MANUAL or PRESSURE COOK on high, and cook for 8 minutes.
- When the cooking is finished, quickly release the steam and carefully open the lid. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve.
- The cooking time depends on the size of the chicken thighs that you’re using. With smaller boneless thighs, pressure cook on high for 6 minutes. Medium size, 8 minutes. And large thighs will need around 10 minutes (in this case, don’t cut your potatoes too small as they can start falling apart). This also depends on how long you cook the chicken on saute, we tend to brown them very well.
- If in the end, you feel like there’s too much liquid, you can reduce it down a little on the SAUTE setting.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
© Little Sunny Kitchen