This Instant Pot honey mustard chicken is so simple, made with ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen, and perfect to make on the busiest weeknights!
I’m one of these people that try to eat homecooked food as much as possible. Both my husband and I love cooking and eat in all the time, except for times when we really want to go out for a nice dinner or want to check out a newly opened restaurant in town.
Meal prep makes it easier for us to stay on track, and eat healthy meals at home. But sometimes, things get in the way and I get tired of cooking
IP recipes are a life changer! You guys have no idea how much do I love my Instant Pot, and honestly, I don’t know what I would do without it!
So this Instant Pot honey mustard chicken is a great example. Easy and quick recipe, very simple ingredients, healthy and tastes amazing!
TOOLS YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
An Instant Pot. I have Instant Pot Duo 6 Qt 7 in 1, it’s my favorite!
HOW TO MAKE INSTANT POT HONEY MUSTARD CHICKEN
For this recipe, you can use a skinless chicken breast and cut it into cubes (you’ll have to reduce the cooking time), but I strongly recommend that you get boneless thighs with skin. You’ll get incredible flavors and the chicken will be juicy.
Start by clicking on the “saute” mode for 10 minutes. Heat vegetable oil, season the chicken thighs and brown them. The chicken will release juices as it cooks and this will be used for the sauce.
Add water to “deglaze” the pan (you can skip this step), then add the rest of the sauce ingredients. Garlic, honey, and mustards.
Throw in the potatoes and the carrots. I use new baby potatoes, but regular potatoes can work if diced to smaller chunks.
Season with more salt and pepper, cover with the lid and make sure that the valve is in sealing position.
Click on manual or pressure cooking, high pressure, and cook for 6 minutes.
When the cooking is finished, quickly release the steam and carefully open the lid. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve.
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS: 8 SMARTPOINTS PER PORTION ON WEIGHT WATCHERS FREESTYLE PLAN
MORE GREAT INSTANT POT RECIPES
Or check out my Instant Pot recipe collection!
If you make this recipe, please don’t forget to rate it and share a picture on social media. Tag #LittleSunnyKitchen in your posts as I would really love to see what you make! Thank you for supporting Little Sunny Kitchen, so I can keep sharing my family recipes with you for free.
Instant Pot Honey Mustard ChickenPrint Pin Rate
- 6 chicken thighs with skin
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup water
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tbsp djion mustard
- 3 tbsp whole grain mustard
- 1 lbs baby new potatoes sliced in halves
- 3 carrots diced
- Start by clicking on the "saute" mode for 10 minutes. Heat vegetable oil, season the chicken thighs and brown them well. Start by chicken skin side down.
- Add water to "deglaze" the pan, then add the rest of the sauce ingredients. Garlic, honey, and mustards.
- Throw in the potatoes and the carrots.
- Season with more salt and pepper, cover with the lid and make sure that the valve is in sealing position.
- Click on manual or pressure cooking, high pressure, and cook for 8 minutes.
- When the cooking is finished, quickly release the steam and carefully open the lid. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve.