This Instant Pot honey mustard chicken is so simple, made with ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen, and perfect to make on the busiest weeknights!
I’m one of these people that try to eat homecooked food as much as possible. Both my husband and I love cooking and eat in all the time, except for times when we really want to go out for a nice dinner or want to check out a newly opened restaurant in town.
Meal prep makes it easier for us to stay on track, and eat healthy meals at home. But sometimes, things get in the way and I get tired of cooking
IP recipes are a life changer! You guys have no idea how much do I love my Instant Pot, and honestly, I don’t know what I would do without it!
So this Instant Pot honey mustard chicken is a great example. Easy and quick recipe, very simple ingredients, healthy and tastes amazing!
- An Instant Pot. I have this Instant Pot, it’s my favorite!
- I love these stainless steel measuring cups and use them every time I cook, as well as these measuring spoons.
How to Make Instant Pot Honey Mustard Chicken
For this recipe, you can use a skinless chicken breast and cut it into cubes (you’ll have to reduce the cooking time), but I strongly recommend that you get boneless thighs with skin. You’ll get incredible flavors and the chicken will be juicy.
Start by clicking on the “saute” mode for 10 minutes. Heat vegetable oil, season the chicken thighs and brown them. The chicken will release juices as it cooks and this will be used for the sauce.
Add water to “deglaze” the pan (you can skip this step), then add the rest of the sauce ingredients. Garlic, honey, and mustards.
Throw in the potatoes and the carrots. I use new baby potatoes, but regular potatoes can work if diced to smaller chunks.
Season with more salt and pepper, cover with the lid and make sure that the valve is in sealing position.
Click on manual or pressure cooking, high pressure, and cook for 6 minutes.
When the cooking is finished, quickly release the steam and carefully open the lid. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve.
More Great Instant Pot Recipes
- Instant Pot chicken wings
- Instant Pot hibachi steak
- Instant Pot fajita rice
- Instant Pot steak fajitas
- Instant Pot chicken fajitas
Or check out my Instant Pot recipe collection!
I don’t feel like I say this often enough, or that I could ever thank you enough. But THANK YOU for all of your support, for visiting my blog, commenting, and sharing my recipes with your friends and family. I am SO thankful for you!
If you make this recipe or any of my recipes, then don’t forget to rate it and leave a comment below. I would LOVE to hear about your experience and your comments just make my day!
I hope that you love every recipe that you make! – Diana x
Instant Pot Honey Mustard Chicken
- 6 chicken thighs skin-on
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup water
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 1 pound (450g) baby potatoes sliced in halves
- 3 carrots peeled and sliced into 1-2 inch pieces
- Start by clicking on the "saute" mode for 10 minutes. Heat vegetable oil, season the chicken thighs and brown them well. Start by chicken skin side down.
- Add water to "deglaze" the pan, then add the rest of the sauce ingredients. Garlic, honey, and mustards.
- Throw in the potatoes and the carrots.
- Season with more salt and pepper, cover with the lid and make sure that the valve is in sealing position.
- Press on manual or pressure cooking, high pressure, and cook for 8 minutes.
- When the cooking is finished, quickly release the steam and carefully open the lid. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve.
- The cooking time depends on the size of the chicken thighs that you’re using. With smaller boneless thighs, pressure cook on high for 6 minutes. Medium size, 8 minutes. And large thighs will need around 10 minutes (in this case, don’t cut your potatoes too small as they can start falling apart). This also depends on how long you cook the chicken on saute, we tend to brown them very well.
- If in the end, you feel like there’s too much liquid, you can reduce it down a little on the SAUTE setting.