This garlic bread recipe is the crispiest and most garlic filled bread you’ve had! I like my garlic bread butter, packed with flavor, and toasted until it’s golden brown, and I’m sharing my recipe with you.
Garlic bread is one of my favorite side dishes. It goes with almost everything, it’s easy to make, and it’s inexpensive, depending on where you buy your bread.
While I enjoy making my own breads, like these Olive Garden Breadsticks, I think that buying and doctoring up a loaf of french bread is a bit easier, especially for busy weeknights.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- So Simple. Store bought or bakery bread is turned into something amazing with just a few added ingredients and a quick trip to the oven.
- Fresh Garlic. Some garlic bread recipes use garlic powder, but not this one! We’re using 4 whole cloves of garlic to give this garlic bread the best flavor.
- The Perfect Side. Garlic bread can be served alongside almost everything! I love it with soups, pastas, salads, and more.
Ingredients in Homemade Garlic Bread
Complete list of ingredients and amounts can be found in the recipe card below.
- Butter: Salted butter is my choice when making the spread for garlic bread. If using unsalted butter, just add a bit of salt. Allow the butter to soften at room temperature.
- Garlic: I use fresh garlic cloves for my garlic bread recipe. 4 cloves per stick of butter, minced.
- Black Pepper and Parsley: Fresh parsley and ground black pepper add flavor and interest to our garlic bread spread.
- Bread: I’m using a French baguette here, but you can also use Italian bread.
Use a Garlic Press to mince garlic. It’s way easier, and won’t leave your hands smelling like garlic.
How to Make Garlic Bread
- Prepare: Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C, and line a half sheet size baking sheet with foil for easy clean up.
- Mix: In a small bowl, combine softened butter with minced garlic, black pepper, and parsley. Stir until well combined.
- Spread: Slice the baguette lengthwise with a serrated/bread knife and place it cut side up on the lined baking sheet. Spread butter mixture over the baguette with a spatula.
- Bake: Place the bread in the center of the oven, and bake for 8 minutes.
- Broil: Move the bread under the broiler and broil for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve: Cut into slices and serve warm.
Homemade Garlic Bread Variations
Herbed Garlic Bread – Add a teaspoon of Italian Seasoning or your favorite dried or fresh herbs to the butter spread mixture.
Parmesan Garlic Bread – Sprinkle parmesan cheese onto the bread before broiling. It will brown up and become nutty and delicious.
Spicy Garlic Bread – Add a small amount of crushed red pepper into the butter mixture for a spicy garlic bread that is delicious with Alfredo pasta.
What to Serve with Homemade Garlic Bread
With Soup. I love having garlic bread or any of my homemade breads at the ready to dip into a hot bowl of soup. You must try Roasted Carrot Soup, Sweet Potato Soup, and garlic bread is perfect next to Zuppa Toscana.
Wrap your baked and broiled garlic bread in foil, and refrigerate for up to 3 days. To reheat, bake, wrapped in foil 350°F/180°C for 15 minutes.
This recipe works really well for freezing. Spread the butter onto the insides of the baguette, then put the baguette back together, wrap well, and freeze for up to three months. Bake as directed, right from frozen, allowing an extra minute or two of extra time if needed.
Enjoy this simple recipe for the most delicious crispy garlic bread! I can’t wait to hear how much your family loves it.
- ½ cup (1 stick/225g) salted butter softened
- 4 cloves garlic minced – about 1 tablespoon
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- 1 14 ounce French baguette
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C, and line a half sheet size baking sheet with foil for easy clean up.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter with garlic, black pepper, and parsley. Stir until well combined. I do this using a fork.
- Slice the baguette lengthwise with a serrated/bread knife, and place cut side up on a baking sheet.
- Spread butter mixture over the baguette with a spatula.
- Place the bread in the center of the oven, and bake for 8 minutes.
- Move to bread under the broiler, and broil (about 5 inches/12cm from the broiler) for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cut into slices and serve warm.
VariationsHerbed Garlic Bread – Add a teaspoon of Italian Seasoning or your favorite dried or fresh herbs to the butter spread mixture. Parmesan Garlic Bread – Sprinkle parmesan cheese onto the bread before broiling. Spicy Garlic Bread – Add a small amount of crushed red pepper into the butter mixture for a spicy garlic bread.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
© Little Sunny Kitchen