I’m one of those lucky people that own a bread making machine! My sister bought it from Paris a few years ago, my Mum used it a few times then it just sat in the kitchen sad and alone… Until I rediscovered it again! It is actually an amazing machine that is extremely easy to use, all you have do is add the ingredients, wait for 2-3 hours, and BAM you have a homemade, delicious, healthy, fresh loaf of bread made with high-quality ingredients.
Did you make this? Be sure to leave a review below and tag me on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest!
Thyme Bread Loaf
- 60 grams butter room temperature
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp honey
- 310 ml fresh milk
- 470 all purpose flour
- 1.5 tsp instant yeast
- 2 tbsp flax seed
- 2 tbsp dried thyme
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
Using an oven:
- Preheat oven to 220°.
- In a medium sized bowl beat butter with honey and milk, continue beating until combined.
- In another bowl whisk together flour with salt, and yeast. (activate yeast by adding 2tbsp of lukewarm water and 1tsp of sugar)
- Slowly stir the flour mixture to the butter and milk mixture, stir until just combined but do not over mix.
- Let dough sit for 1 hour in a bowl covered with damp cloth in a warm place.
- knead for 10-15 minutes, then add seeds to dough.
- Line a loaf pan with wax paper and add the dough, add olive oil to top and sprinkle with dried thyme.
- Bake until top is golden and bread is ready. Let it chill on a wire rack for half an hour and serve.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
© Little Sunny Kitchen
Leave a Review!