Simple, delicious, 30 minutes bread rolls…
This is the only bread rolls recipe that you will ever need! And they taste as good as the 2 hours bread rolls. It’s great as they only take half an hour to prepare, so let’s say if you’re in a rush and need some bread for a family lunch/dinner, then this is the perfect recipe for you!
This is very simple, mix the ingredients together (when it comes to yeast, the best thing to do is add the yeast to a quarter cup of lukewarm water and 1tsp of sugar, let it get bubbly for about 10 minutes in a warm place, then it’s ready to use), leave the dough to rise for about 15 minutes, then give it a soft knead and form 12 equal balls. Place into a greased pan and allow to rest for 10 more minutes).
The bread rolls will be ready after 10 minutes of baking or until golden brown. You will love them! I promise!
Recipe adapted from YouHomeBasedMom
- 1 tablespoon dry or rapid rise instant yeast
- 1 cup lukewarm water 110-115°F (43-46°C)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ⅓ cup oil vegetable, corn, sunflower
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 1 egg
- 3½ cups all-purpose flour
- Combine yeast with water and sugar. Give it a quick stir, and let it stand for 5 minutes to bubble (this is not necessary if using instant yeast).
- In a bowl of a stand mixer, or in a large mixing bowl, combine the yeast mixture with oil, egg, flour, and salt. Knead using a stand mixer with a dough hook, or by hand, until you get a smooth and tacky dough ball.
- On a lightly oiled surface, divide the dough into 9 balls (around 2oz/60g each).
- Lightly grease an oven-proof ceramic baking dish (or a quarter baking sheet). And place the dough balls about half-inch apart. Cover with a towel or plastic/saran wrap and allow them to rise for at least 15 minutes. When I'm in a rush, I just let them rest for 15 minutes but if I have more time I let them rest for more until they double in size.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Remove the plastic wrap, and you can either bake the dinner rolls for 12-15 minutes without brushing them with anything (and brush the melted butter after they're baked and still warm). Or brush them with milk, egg wash, or butter before baking.
Calories: 270kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 18mg | Sodium: 396mg | Potassium: 67mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 26IU | Calcium: 10mg | Iron: 2mg