For the Cake:
For the Topping:
- 3 bananas
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter ½ a stick
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 360°F/180°C, and grease a 9-inch round pan with oil or softened butter.
- In a mixing bowl using a hand mixer, beat the butter with sugar until smooth and creamy, then add the vanilla and mix. Add 2 egg yolks and beat well.
- Add the flour, salt and baking powder to the mixture and mix. Followed by the milk and mix well.
- Beat egg whites with cream of tartar (this should take a couple of minutes) then gently fold in the mixture into batter using a rubber spatula.
- To prepare the topping, in a sauce pan mix the butter with the brown sugar and spices on medium heat, using a spoon mix to prevent it from being burnt until the sugar dissolves. Remove from heat.
- Pour the caramel mixture into greased pan, then arrange the slices of the bananas on top. Next, pour the batter into pan and smooth the top.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let the cake cool down for 10 minutes.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
© Little Sunny Kitchen