- For the cake:
- 200 grams all purpose flour 1 1/2 cups
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 100 grams butter 1/2 cup
- 200 grams granulated sugar 2 cups
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs separated
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- For the topping:
- 3 bananas
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Grease a 9 inch pan with oil and preheat oven to 180°.
- Beat the butter with sugar until smooth and creamy, then add the vanilla and mix. Add 2 egg yolks and beat well.
- Add the flour, salt and baking powder to the mixture and mix. Followed by the milk and mix well.
- Beat egg whites with cream of tartar (this should take a couple of minutes) then gently fold in the mixture into batter using a rubber spatula.
- To prepare the topping, in a sauce pan mix the butter with the brown sugar and spices on medium heat, using a spoon mix to prevent it from being burnt until the sugar dissolves. Remove from heat.
- Pour the caramel mixture into greased pan, then arrange the slices of the bananas on top. Next, pour the batter into pan and smooth the top.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let the cake cool down for 10 minutes.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
© Little Sunny Kitchen