Loquat cake is a sweet fluffy cake topped with caramel loquats. This tastes magical!
So this is the season of sweet loquats! Oh, how I love these fruits! In our garden, we have 4 trees, and all of them are seed grown! So this year we got loads and loads of loquats I never know what to do with them rather than just eat the fruit straight from the tree. So I decided to 1) try to bake an upside down loquat cake with caramel 2) make jam.
The jam will be ready tomorrow but the cake was ready today! And all I can say is, EVERYONE in my family fell IN LOVE with this cake and ate a second slice! I couldn’t wait to have a slice of this wonderful cake after dinner, so I ended up having one (ok maybe two) before eating the food. Yes, it is THAT good!
This recipe is very similar to the other upside down cake recipes, I just added cinnamon to the topping but you can also add any other spices that you like (for a spicy Loquat cake) you can add ginger, nutmeg, cloves.
Loquat Upside Down Cake
Loquat upside down cake is a sweet fluffy cake topped with caramel loquats
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
Servings 8 servingsPrint Recipe
- 25 loquats halved and pitted
- 3/4 cups brown sugar
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 stick butter
- 3/4 granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cups milk
- Preheat oven to 190°c (375f).
- For the topping: melt the butter and mix with brown sugar. Arrange loquats on a greased pan with cut sides down. Then pour the melted butter with the brown sugar over the loquats.
- In a bowl sift together flour with baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- In another bowl cream butter with granulated sugar until smoothy and creamy. Then beat in vanilla and eggs. Combine dry ingredients with the batter mix, then add the milk and beat.
- Pour batter over loquats.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cake cool for 10 minutes then flip it over a plate (before the caramel becomes sticky!).
Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice creamÂ (optional).
Calories: 262kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 50mg | Sodium: 283mg | Potassium: 329mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 21g | Vitamin A: 950IU | Vitamin C: 0.5mg | Calcium: 103mg | Iron: 1.8mg
©LITTLE SUNNY KITCHEN. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any websites or social media is strictly prohibited.