The iconic creamy, tangy Chick Fil A sauce is easily made at home using just six common ingredients. You’re going to put this sauce on everything!
I love how the order takers at Chick-fil-A ask you how many Chick-Fil-A sauces you want with your waffle fries and chicken nuggets. The fact that they ask takes away any potential embarrassment of asking for extra!
There’s no need to be embarrassed though, Chick Fil A Sauce is one of the most delicious dips ever, and we all order extra sauce!
Now, imagine if you could whip up a big batch of Chick-Fil-A sauce in your own kitchen in less than 5 minutes. You can, and I’m showing you how.
For the full experience, make my Copycat Chick-Fil-A Nuggets or a Chick-Fil-A Chicken Sandwich to go with your dipping sauce.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Easy Ingredients– You likely have everything you need already.
- Save Money – Chick Fil A Sauce is available in the grocery store now, but it’s still much cheaper to make it yourself.
- Make Ahead – You can make this copycat dipping sauce up to 10 days ahead of time.
Ingredients In Recipe (or key ingredients)
Here’s what you need to make this yummy and spot-on copycat Chick-Fil-A sauce.
Complete list of ingredients and amounts can be found in the recipe card below.
- Mayonnaise: This is the base of the dipping sauce and makes it creamy and thick. Try my 5-minute homemade mayonnaise, it’s so easy to make and tastes much better than the store-bought stuff!
- BBQ Sauce: Use your favorite type. BBQ sauce adds sweet, tangy, and smoky flavor to the sauce.
- Yellow Mustard: Don’t try to use other types of mustards. Yellow mustard is what gives this sauce it’s warm color.
- Honey: Chick-Fil-A Sauce is sort of like an amped up honey mustard sauce. You can substitute with agave if you’re needing to make this recipe vegan.
- Lemon Juice: This acidic ingredient helps to balance out the sweet and rich flavors.
- Salt: Just a bit is needed. You can adjust to suit your preference too.
How To Make Chick Fil A Sauce
This recipe is incredibly easy! Just mix everything together.
- Mix: Add mayo, bbq sauce, mustard, honey, lemon juice, and salt to a bowl. Whisk together until combined.
- Store: Store homemade chick-fil-a sauce in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 10 days.
Allow the sauce to chill for 20-30 minutes before serving so that the flavors can set.
What To Serve With Chick Fil A Sauce
While it would be ideal to serve this sauce with other Chick Fil A copycat recipes, it’s delicious with all types of chicken, fries, and more! Try some of these recipes that will benefit from a tangy and sweet dipping sauce:
- Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
- Crispy Oven Baked Chicken Tenders
- Instant Pot Chicken Tenders
- Garlic Butter Chicken Tenders
- Grilled Chicken Tenders
- Homemade Frech Fries
- Oven Baked Fries
- Fried Shrimp
Homemade Sauces to Make at Home
I suggest using a bottled BBQ sauce that has a balance of sweet and tangy flavors. Look for “original” flavor on the label. Avoid using honey bbq or spicy bbq sauces. Whatever flavors are in the BBQ will come through in your finished sauce.
Sure! This recipe makes about a cup of sauce, which is enough to make six servings that are 2-3 tablespoons. If you’re mixing this up for 1 or 2 people, you can cut the recipe in half. You can also double it if you really like Chick-Fil-A Sauce!
Nope. Regular yellow mustard is a must for this recipe! Other styles of mustard won’t give you the same warmth and color.
You are going to love serving Chick-Fil-A Sauce with your favorite chicken nuggets and fries, and I’ll bet you’ll come up with other ideas for it too. Be sure to pin this recipe and share it with your friends!
Did you make this? Be sure to leave a review below and tag me on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest!
Chick Fil A Sauce
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup BBQ sauce
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and whisk together until well combined.
- Refridgerate for at least 30 minute before serving to let the flavors meld together.
- Store in an airtight container in the refridgerator for up to 10 days.
- To Store: Keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 10 days.
- Use freshly squeezed lemon juice for the best flavor.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
© Little Sunny Kitchen
Leave a Review!