Make a delicious grilled Chick Fil A Cool Wrap at home with this easy recipe. Skip the drive-through – this grilled chicken wrap is the perfect homemade copycat.
The grilled chicken Cool Wrap from Chick Fil A is one of their healthier options. Seasoned grilled chicken (instead of breaded and fried), wrapped in a flaxseed wrap with fresh lettuce, shredded cheese, and avocado lime ranch dressing if you like.
This copycat Chick Fil A Coolwrap is fresh and delicious! It tastes just like the real thing, and you can make it quickly and easily, right at home.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Easy Copycat Recipe – Make your favorite Chick Fil A Menu Items at home with my Chick Fil A Copycat recipes! This one featuring grilled chicken is one of the easist.
- Fresh and Healthy – Fresh ingredients like grilled chicken, fresh veggies, and some tasty add-ins are wrapped in a low-carb flax wrap. This recipe makes for a healthy lunch for the whole family. Since we’re making the chicken ourselves, we can control the amount of sodium in the recipe too. Fast food is often very high in this.
- Versatile Recipe – You can feel free to adjust the flavors or the ingredients any way you like. Sandwiches and wraps are meant to be filled with things that you love.
Ingredients In Chick Fil A Grilled Chicken Cool Wraps
Here’s what you need to make this tasty fast food copycat:
- Chicken – To make six sandwich wraps you’ll need three large boneless and skinless chicken breasts, each cut in half to make six thin cutlets. Slicing them this way makes the chicken cook up much more quickly on the grill.
- Olive Oil, Salt, and Pepper – Coat the chicken in this before grilling to season it and keep it from sticking to the grill grates.
- Flaxseed flour flatbread wraps – To replicate the Chick Fil A Cool Wrap, look for wraps specifically made with flaxseed. Many low-carb tortillas include this ingredient. Otherwise, any type of tortilla style wrap can be used. You might also like to make your own 2-ingredient homemade flatbreads!
- Cheese – Use half and half Monteray Jack and Cheddar cheeses. You’ll get the best flavor from cheese that you buy in blocks and shred yourself, but bagged shredded cheese is a nice shortcut too.
- Lettuce – Shredded lettuce adds crunch and texture to our wraps. I’m using crunchy romaine, but leaf lettuce or iceberg will also be just fine.
Complete list of ingredients and amounts can be found in the recipe card below.
Choose a flat bread wrap without any wheat flour to create a gluten free version of the Chick Fil A Cool Wrap!
How To Make Grilled Chicken Chick Fil A Cool Wrap
- Grill Chicken: Start by coating the chicken cutlets with olive oil, salt, and pepper, and preheating the grill to medium-high heat. Grill the chicken for 2-3 minutes per side or until they are fully cooked and reach an internal temperature of 165°F/74°C. Remove from the grill and let rest for 5-10 minutes
- Slice Chicken: Wraps are easier to eat if the chicken is cut into smaller pieces. Slice the chicken cutlets against the grain after they’ve rested for a few minutes.
- Assemble your Cool Wraps: Warm the tortilla wraps so that they are pliable. Spread lettuce on each flat bread, followed by cheese, and then sliced chicken. Tightly wrap each wrap “burrito style”, and then cut in half to serve.
To warm tortillas quickly, place them on a plate an microwave for 10-15 seconds, just long enough to soften them.
- Grilled Chicken can be cooked on an outdoor grill (gas or charcoal) or indoors using a grill pan or electric grill.
- Add Extra Veggies such as sliced tomatoes, red bell pepper, onions, or other greens if you like.
- Avocado Lime Ranch is the Chick-fil-A dressing of choice for this homemade cool wrap. Keep reading for instructions to make it. You can also add regular ranch dressing, green goddess dressing, or a bit of mayo if you like.
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days, although I recommend eating these wraps immediately after making them.
If you’d like to cook the chicken ahead of time, go right ahead, and store it in the fridge. Then slice it and add to wraps when you’re ready to eat.
What To Serve With Chick Fil A Wraps
I rarely have anything from Chick Fil A without some fries and plenty of Chick Fil A Sauce!
How to Make Avocado Lime Ranch?
This is the perfect creamy dressing to add to your wraps or serve on the side for dipping. I’m still working on perfecting a version of this dressing, but if you want to get really close to the chick fil a avocado lime ranch dressing, try this:
Make my Homemade Ranch Dressing, with a ripe avocado blended in. Add in a squeeze of fresh lime juice and you’ll have a delicious and simple topping for your chicken cool wraps.
Other Delicious Dressings for Chicken Wraps
- Easy Caesar Dressing
- Lime Crema
- Bang Bang Sauce
- Blue Cheese Dressing
- Creamy Balsamic Dressing
- Buffalo Wing Sauce
- Raising Cane’s Sauce
The trick to making wraps that are easy to pick up and eat is to wrap them very tightly inside of a large tortilla (10 inch ones are great). I always make sure that the filling is in the center of the tortilla. Fold over the sides at the short end of the filling, then bring up the bottom side and roll it up! Once you know how to wrap a wrap sandwich you can turn anything into a delicious and healthy wrap.
Sure! Although these wraps taste best when you make them with freshly grilled chicken, you can use leftover grilled chicken from dinner earlier in the week, or even frozen pre-cooked grilled chicken if you want to save time and make things really simple.
Try my easy recipe for making Air Fryer Grilled Chicken Tenders, and use those to make these tasty wraps.
Enjoy a Chick-Fil-A Meal any time you like with this easy copycat Chick Fil A Cool Wrap recipe! Pin it so everyone can learn how to make it too.
- 3 large chicken breasts sliced into a total of 6 thin cutlets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 flaxseed flour flat breads or your favorite tortilla wraps, see note 1
- 1 ½ cups shredded monteray jack and cheddar cheese blend
- 12 romaine lettuce leaves shredded
- Avocado lime ranch dressing or other dressing optional, for serving, see note 2
- Preheat the grill to medium high heat. Clean and oil the grill grates.
- In a bowl, combine the chicken cutlets with olive oil, salt and pepper. Mix so that the chicken is well coated.
- Place the chicken cutlets on the grill, and grill for 2-3 minutes per side or until the internal temperature of the chicken is 165°F/74°C. Remove from the grill, and keep warm. Do not slice the chicken right away, let the chicken rest for 5-10 minutes and then slice it up.
- Warm up the flat bread or tortilla wraps so they’re pliable and easier to wrap (I do 10-15 seconds in the microwave). Spread lettuce on each flat bread, followed by cheese, and then sliced chicken. Wrap like you’d wrap a burrito, then cut in half and serve with avocado lime ranch dressing or your dressing of choice.
- Choose a flat bread wrap without any wheat flour to create a gluten free version of the Chick Fil A Cool Wrap!
- Blend a ripe avocado into my homemade ranch dressing and add a squeeze of lime juice to make your own avocado ranch dressing.
- Regular ranch or your favorite creamy salad dressing can also be used in this recipe.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days, although I recommend eating these wraps immediately after making them.
- Wraps are a great way to use up leftover grilled chicken too.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
© Little Sunny Kitchen