A super easy Middle Eastern dessert that looks like a carpet!
So apparently this is a popular middle eastern dessert that is very beautiful and delicious! For some reason, I’ve never heard about it before… Everybody around me seems to know it, except for me! Until I saw a picture of it somewhere on Facebook, it looked AMAZING and I couldn’t get it out of my head so I had to make it!!
This is a no-bake dessert, very similar to the Easy Nescafe cake, it is made out of layers of biscuits/crackers (I LOVE layered desserts!!) and is covered with a thick layer of rich cream that is fluffy and light but is also rich at the same time! The cream is flavored with cream caramel and that is my absolutely favorite taste!! Seriously, one of the best!
The fun part is the decoration part, you can be creative and make different designs but it is usually made to look like a carpet! I thought that it would be also nice to decorate with green pistachios to add some colour and taste but I didn’t have any on hand when I was making this dessert. But if you try it, please send me a picture of what you made, I would love to see!
Store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- 2 packs graham crackers/biscuits I used Petit beurre
- 1 pack of dream whip | or whipped cream if not adding any milk
- 1 pack of cream caramel
- 1 pack of heavy cream
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 cup of milk
- 3 tbsp Nescafe
- Boiling water
- 7 crushed Oreos
- 1 Galaxy flutes bar
- shredded coconut
- In a serving bowl, arrange 3 layers of crackers/biscuits. In a mug dissolve 3 tbsp of Nescafe and 1 tbsp of sugar in boiling water then pour over the layers of crackers/biscuits until they're fully soaked in Nescafe.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix milk, dream whip, heavy cream, and cream caramel then beat with an electric mixer until the mixture is fluffy.
- Pour cream mixture over the layers of crackers then decorate with crushed Oreos, galaxy flutes, and shredded coconut. Chill in the fridge for 4-6 hours and serve cold.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
© Little Sunny Kitchen