You will love this simple no-bake Carpet dessert, made with layers of silky and smooth pudding cream, and espresso-soaked tea biscuits. It is then decorated with a beautiful pattern of crushed Oreos, shredded coconut, and chocolate.
If you’re looking for a new no-bake dessert, you’ve come to the right place. This carpet dessert got its name from its topping, it’s decorated in a pattern to look like a carpet. It’s super simple to make, and perfect for potlucks, gatherings, parties, and the holidays!
This is a no-bake dessert, very similar to the Easy Nescafe cake, it is made out of layers of biscuits/crackers (I LOVE layered desserts!!) and is covered with a thick layer of rich cream that is fluffy and light but is also rich at the same time! The cream is flavored with cream caramel and that is my absolutely favorite taste!! Seriously, one of the best!
The fun part is the decoration part, you can be creative and make different designs but it is usually made to look like a carpet! I thought that it would be also nice to decorate with green pistachios to add some color and flavor but I didn’t have any on hand when I was making this dessert.
- 1 3.7-ounce package cream caramel flan mix or substitute with J-ELLO caramel instant pudding
- 1 ½ cups whole milk
- 1 8-ounce tub whipped topping
- 1 16-ounce package graham crackers or any tea biscuits I used Petit beurre brand
- ¼ cup espresso
For the topping
- 8 crushed Oreo cookies
- 1 4.4-ounce Hershey's chocolate bar grated
- ¼ cup shredded coconut sweetend of unsweetend
- In a large bowl, combine pudding mix with milk. Stir and allow to thicken for 5 minutes.
- Fold in the whipped topping.
- In a 9×13 inch pan, arrange a layer of graham crackers or tea biscuits (you might need to break a few to fit in the pan and cover).
- Spoon half of the espresso over the biscuits.
- Spread half of the creamy mixture over the biscuits in an even layer, then arrange a second layer of biscuits and spoon the remaining espresso over it.
- Spread the remaining creamy mixture.
- Decorate and create a pattern with Oreo crumbs, chocolate, and shredded coconut. Chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours and preferably overnight. Serve chilled.
- Store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
© Little Sunny Kitchen