Easy roasted sweet and spicy Instant Pot cauliflower. It makes the perfect side dish to accompany any meal, it’s naturally gluten-free, vegan and great for meal prep.
If you’re a fan of cauliflower then you will LOVE this dish. It’s so easy to make, and the flavors are just incredible!
INSTANT POT CAULIFLOWER SIDE DISH
I always roasted my cauliflower on a sheet pan, and still do. I find cauliflower really easy to cook and it’s so delicious that I wouldn’t mind eating it every day. I usually just throw cauliflower florets along with other vegetables on a sheet pan, drizzle with olive oil and perhaps some kind of sauce or seasonings and just roast it.
But recently I tried cooking a whole cauliflower head in the Instant Pot, and everyone loved it! It’s much easier than roasting in the oven, as no watching is required and the cauliflower turns out so tender that it starts falling apart!
Join our private Instant Pot and Air Fryer Facebook group where we share exclusive recipes, and answer all of your IP and AF questions! We hope to see you there!
HOW TO MAKE SWEET AND SPICY INSTANT POT CAULIFLOWER
- Starting by removing any green leaves from the cauliflower head, and wash it.
- To make the marinade, in a small bowl whisk together the honey or maple syrup with olive oil, hot sauce, ketchup, soy sauce or tamari sauce (for gluten-free), a grind of black pepper and a sprinkle of salt.
- Add 1/2 cup of water to the bottom of the Instant Pot. Place the cauliflower head on a trivet in the pot.
- Using a brush, brush over the marinade and coat with it as much of the cauliflower head as possible.
- Cover with the lid, set valve to sealing position.
- Cook on manual or pressure cooking – high pressure for 1 minute.
- Allow the steam to build up then cook for just one minute.
- Once the cooking is finished and the IP beeps, quickly release the steam and carefully open the lid.
- Take the cauliflower head out, glaze again and place under a broiler for 5-7 minutes to get a lovely crust.
- Garnish with chopped parsley leaves and squeeze some lemon juice.
This recipe is very versatile. You can simply steam the cauliflower plain in the Instant Pot, or add a different marinade or rub.
Parmesan, olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper is a great idea. Or turmeric, olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper.
WHAT TO SERVE THIS CAULIFLOWER WITH?
I usually serve this with brown rice or quinoa, but any type of rice will do. You could also serve it as a side dish next to any main.
MORE GREAT INSTANT POT RECIPES
- Instant Pot burgers
- Instant Pot corn on the cob
- Instant Pot potato salad
- Instant Pot steak fajitas
- Instant Pot chicken fajitas
- Instant Pot buttered potatoes
If you make this recipe, please don’t forget to share your feedback with a rating in the comments below. I hope you enjoy!
Sweet and Spicy Instant Pot Cauliflower
- 1 cauliflower head
For the marinade:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp honey or maple syrup if vegan
- 2 tsp soy sauce or tamari sauce
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- 1 ½ tbsp hot sauce
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- parsley (chopped) for garnish
- 1/2 lemon juiced (optional)
- In a small bowl, mix the marinade ingredients until combined.
- Wash the cauliflower head, and using a brush just brush over the marinade until well coated.
- Add 1/2 cup of water to the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Place the cauliflower head on a trivet inside the IP. Cover with the lid, set the valve to sealing position. Cook on manual – high pressure for 1 minute.
- Once the cooking is finished, quickly release the steam, open the lid and carefully take the cauliflower out. Glaze again, and broil for 5-7 minutes. Garnish and serve.
- Place on a sheet pan and under the broiler for 2-3 minutes for a lovely crust.
- The original recipe was slightly tweaked, we added ketchup to the marinade for flavor and color.