Spooky Halloween Chocolate Cupcakes with bones made from white chocolate, and topped with funfetti…
Only one week is left until Halloween! What are you guys doing for Halloween this year? We’re having a party at our house, and I’m going to make a lot of spooky dishes, and bake many many spooky cupcakes for our guests!
These cupcakes are my favourite, they’re like the best ever! They’re moist, super soft, rich, fluffy, and fudgy at the same time! YUMM!!
I decorated these cupcakes with white chocolate where I made some (spooky?) bones by melting white chocolate and pipping it out in the shapes of different bones. Also, how fun are these funfetti? I think that they do add a lot to cupcakes! Enjoy!
Halloween Chocolate Cupcakes with BonesPrint Pin Rate
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Chocolate frosting
- White chocolate to make the bones
- Funfetti to decorate
- Preheat oven to 180c and line a muffin baking pan with 12 cupcake liners.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, oil, and vanilla extract.
- Stir in milk, then add the rest of the ingredients (flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt), and mix until just combined but do not over mix. The batter won't be very thick, sort of runny and that's okay.
- Pour the batter into liners, and bake for 18-20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. When completely chilled, decorate with chocolate frosting and funfetti.
- To make bones, melt white chocolate in a saucepan placed on boiling water. Place in a pipping bag (with Wilton tip 3), pipe out bone shapes on wax/parchment paper, and let them sit until chilled then decorate cupcakes with them.