Super moist SKIPPY peanut butter chocolate cupcakes, frosted with peanut butter frosting and decorated with cute chocolate spiderwebs and little spiders!
Halloween is just around the corner, which means that I’ll be baking lots of spooky Halloween treats and sharing the recipes with you! This month SKIPPY Peanut Butter have challenged me along with other bloggers to take part in the “SPOOKtacular SKIPPY Bake off”, in which bloggers are challenged to create their own Halloween sweet treat by incorporating SKIPPY Peanut Butter. I love the combination of peanut butter and chocolate, I think it’s such a heavenly taste, and the perfect treat for any trick or treater! I whipped up my favourite chocolate peanut butter cupcakes with the best peanut butter frosting and decorated the cupcakes with little homemade chocolate spiderwebs and spiders.
Even without frosting, these cupcakes are full of flavour. They are very chocolatey and fudgy, and the peanut butter adds so much to the flavour. I really think that chocolate and peanut butter is the best combination ever.
SKIPPY peanut butter reminds me of my childhood. my Mum used it to make fluffernutters for us all as a reward for being good. For those who don’t know, a fluffernutter is a sandwich made with peanut butter and marshmallow fluff. Another great combination! I think that it’s an American idea, but in Jordan many American products were available when I was little and that includes the SKIPPY peanut butter. Amazing stuff.
I really enjoyed decorating these cupcakes, look at how cute these are! I made little spiderwebs by piping melted white chocolate onto parchment paper, then placed the spiderwebs in the fridge for 5 minutes to harden. Same goes for the spiders, I used dark chocolate but black icing can work too.
I also created this step by step video to demonstrate how these cupcakes are made. If you have trouble loading this video, you can watch it on my YouTube Channel. Don’t forget to subscribe!
Halloween Peanut Butter Cupcakes
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp SKIPPY peanut butter
- 4 tbsp butter
- 3 cups caster sugar
- 1 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 tbsp SKIPPY peanut butter
- 100 grams white chocolate
- 50 grams dark chocolate or black icing
- Preheat oven to 180c and line a muffin baking pan with 12 cupcake liners.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, oil, and vanilla extract.
- Stir in milk, then add the rest of the ingredients (flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt), and mix until just combined but do not over mix. Mix in peanut butter. The batter won't be very thick, sort of runny and that's okay.
- Pour the batter into liners, and bake for 18-20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. When completely chilled, frost the cupcakes.
- To make frosting, combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and beat with a mixer.
- To make spiderwebs and spiders, melt white chocolate in a saucepan placed on boiling water. Place in a pipping bag (with Wilton tip 3), pipe out spiderweb shapes on wax/parchment paper, place in the fridge for 5 minutes to let them harden. Same goes for spiders, melt dark chocolate then pipe out spiders directly onto the spiderwebs (or use black icing). When they're set, decorate cupcakes with them.
This post is in collaboration with SKIPPY. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Little Sunny Kitchen happen. All opinions are my own.