These Christmas tree cupcakes are super moist, fudgy, and cute!
So I officially decided that it’s silly season time! When the snow is falling, the family gathered, and presents are under the tree. All you need is a rich and moist chocolate cupcake, frosted with the creamiest festive frosting and decorated with beautiful sugar pearls or colourful funfetti! The cupcakes are intensely chocolate flavoured, they’re fudgy and super moist. They’re also very easy to make!
CHRISTMAS TREE CUPCAKES
These Christmas tree cupcakes are my favorite! I also really love the snowman cupcakes, they’re REALLY fun to make with the kids. But these Christmas tree cupcakes are so easy to frost, as all you need is green frosting and some funfetti or sprinkles to decorate.
The ingredients for these cupcakes are pretty simple! They are ingredients that you will usually find in your kitchen if you’re into baking. The key to perfect cupcakes is that the ingredients MUST be at room temperature, as the ingredients incorporate into the batter much better when they’re at similar temperatures. The other tip is to make sure that you do not over mix the batter, this is why I always just mix the batter with a whisk until just combined.
I really enjoyed decorating these cupcakes, as it’s the usual swirl that I make when I decorate any other simple cupcakes. I used Wilton tip #27 to create the Christmas tree. And of course, decorated with sugar pearls and funfetti for more color!
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- ⅔ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup milk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Vanilla frosting
- Green food colouring
- Funfetti or sugar pearls to decorate
- Preheat oven to 356°F (180°C) and line a muffin baking pan with 12 cupcake liners.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, oil, and vanilla extract.
- Stir in milk, then add the rest of the ingredients (flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt), and mix until just combined but do not over mix. They batter won’t be very thick, sort of runny and that’s okay.
- Pour the batter into liners, and bake for 18-20 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean. When completely chilled, make the frosting by adding 1/2 teaspoon of food colouring to the vanilla frosting and beat with an electric mixer until colour is evenly distributed. If you want a brighter green colour add more food colouring.
- To decorate the cupcakes with green frosting, place it into a piping bag attaching tip #27 and create tree shapes. Finally, decorate with funfetti, sprinkles, or sugar pearls.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
© Little Sunny Kitchen