Easy 5-minute flatbread pizza that your kids will love! This pizza makes a wonderful summer meal when you don’t want to spend much time in the kitchen.
Yesterday I shared my homemade soft flatbread recipe with you. It’s a very simple recipe to make your own flatbread at home. You might be thinking, why bother and make homemade flatbread when it’s available in all supermarkets and I can just buy it. Here are 4 reasons why I bake my own flatbread at home, and why you should too!
- Homemade flatbread is tastier than store-bought. It’s fresher, made with high-quality ingredients and tastes amazing!
- You can control the amount of the salt that goes into your flatbread. Store-bought versions are usually packed with lots of salt and other nasties that you don’t even know how to pronounce.
- This recipe is vegan. Most flatbreads sold in the supermarkets contain milk and sugar. I think that both ingredients are very unnecessary and just adds extra calories to your bread.
- This will save you a lot of money.
- Making homemade flatbread is really fun!
- You can cook the pizzas on the grill, in the microwave or in the oven.
Convinced now and want the recipe? Follow this link to get the flatbread recipe, make sure that you bookmark it!
I eat flatbread in different ways. It’s great for wraps, as a side to curries, to eat with dips such as hummus and baba ganoush. But making pizza is my favourite way to have flatbread!
HOW TO MAKE FLATBREAD PIZZA
Start by adding your base. You could either use a pizza sauce or a spaghetti sauce, or even simpler, ketchup!
Add a little bit of pizza sauce or ketchup to your flatbreads, and spread it evenly with the back of a spoon.
Crush a garlic and sprinkle it over the sauce or the ketchup. If you’re cooking for kids, then you might want to skip this step.
Top with grated cheese, and your choice of veggies. I like cherry tomatoes and yellow bell peppers.
Sprinkle with more grated cheese, then either microwave it for 2 minutes or bake in the oven for 5 minutes. You could also cook this over the grill, just wait for the cheese to melt.
Garnish with fresh basil leaves and enjoy!
If you make this recipe, please don’t forget to rate it and share a picture on social media. Tag #LittleSunnyKitchen in your posts as I would really love to see what you make! Thank you for supporting Little Sunny Kitchen, so I can keep sharing my family recipes with you for free.
- 2 flatbreads
- 2 tbsp pizza sauce, spaghetti sauce or ketchup
- 1 clove garlic
- 6 tbsp mozarella cheese grated (non dairy cheese if vegan)
- 1/2 bell pepper sliced (optional)
- 6 cherry tomatoes cut in halves (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste (optional)
- basil leaves to garnish (optional)
- Take the flatbreads and spread the sauce on them with the back of a spoon. Then crush a clove of garlic and sprinkle it over the sauce or the ketchup. If you're cooking for kids, then you might want to skip this step.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese, and your choice of veggies. In this recipe, bell peppers and cherry tomatoes are suggested. You could also add olives, mushrooms, artichokes...
- Sprinkle with more grated cheese, then either microwave it for 2 minutes or bake in the oven for 5 minutes. You could also cook this over the grill, just wait for the cheese to melt. Garnish with fresh basil leaves and serve.