This book focuses on weaning, so it’s for babies that are up to 12 months, it contains general advice on how to introduce babies to new foods, truths and myths, special diets, what the first foods should be, how to prepare food, how to deal with allergies, and loads of delicious recipes!
The most interesting part of this book is how to get your baby eat food that you might actually be able to eat as well, so then the whole family ends up eating the same thing.
The book is very admirable and inspiring.
Banana Strawberry Muffins
- 55 grams unsalted butter
- 100 grams caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 small ripe bananas mashed
- 5 small strawberries optional
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 125 grams plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp soda
- 1/4 tsp salt optional
- 55 grams chopped raisins optional
- Preheat oven to 180°. In a medium sized bowl beat sugar and butter until pale and fluffy. Add the eggs, bananas, and vanilla, and beat for 1 minute.
- Sift over the flour, baking powder, soda, and salt. Beat until just combined, stir in the raisins or chopped strawberries.
- Pour the batter into the greased muffin pan and bake for 16-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.