STRAWBERRY BANANA MUFFINS
HOW TO MAKE STRAWBERRY BANANA MUFFINS
Mash the bananas, and slice the strawberries into small pieces.
Using a whisk, a hand mixer or a stand mixer. Cream the butter with the sugar, then add the egg, vanilla extract, and the mashed banana. Whisk everything together until well combined.
Sift over the dry ingredients together, add to the mixture and mix but make sure not to overmix the batter.
STRAWBERRIES ARE NOT IN SEASON HERE. WHAT CAN I SUBSTITUTE THEM WITH?
CAN I FREEZE THESE STRAWBERRY BANANA MUFFINS?
These muffins freeze perfectly well! To keep them fresh for longer, wrap each muffin in plastic wrap and place in a ziploc bag in your freezer. Consume within 2 months.
HOW DO I REHEAT THESE MUFFINS FROM FROZEN?
Either thaw at room temperature overnight or unwrap and microwave on high for 30 seconds. They will come out fresh and as if they were just baked!
Looking for more muffin recipes that your child can help you make? Try my lemon muffins!
If you make these strawberry banana muffins, please don’t forget to rate this recipe and share a picture on social media. Tag #LittleSunnyKitchen in your posts as I would really love to see what you make! Thank you for supporting Little Sunny Kitchen, so I can keep sharing my tasty recipes with you for free.
Strawberry Banana Muffins
- half stick (50 grams) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup (100 grams) granulated sugar or maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 2 small ripe bananas mashed
- 5 small strawberries
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup (125 grams) plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp soda
- 1/4 tsp salt optional
- 55 grams chopped raisins optional
- Preheat oven to 180°. In a medium sized bowl beat sugar and butter until pale and fluffy. Add the egg, bananas, and vanilla, and beat for 1 minute.
- Sift over the flour, baking powder, soda, and salt. Beat until just combined, stir in the raisins or chopped strawberries.
- Pour the batter into the greased muffin pan and bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.