Super moist simple lemon muffins…
These are my favourite muffins. Seriously, I bake them almost every week! They’re very simple, very easy to make, and they only take 45 minutes to prepare. Simply beat all ingredients together until smooth and pour the batter into muffin liners or into greased muffin pan and bake!
The reason why i’m sharing this recipe with you today is because my sister baked these muffins before and loved them but lost the recipe (I already sent it twice to her) so here I am sharing it on my blog so she can always find it here! 🙂
And finally? Top with your favourite frosting and sprinkle with lemon zest! I love cream cheese frosting, so decided to make cream cheese frosting with butter, and powdered sugar.
Jan, 2015. We filmed this quick video to show you how easy are these muffins to make! That’s my 7 years old nephew Rayan in the video, along with Sophia, Kareem, and Juliana at the end of the video.
Lemon MuffinsPrint Pin Rate
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Servings: 8 muffins
- 1/2 cup 115g, 1 stick melted butter
- 1 cup 200g granulated sugar
- 3 medium eggs
- 1/2 cup 125g plain yoghurt
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp 2g vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 200g cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp 8g baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 180°c (356f).
- In a medium sized bowl cream butter with sugar. Then mix in eggs (preferably one at a time with mixing).
- Whisk in yoghurt, lemon zest, and vanilla. Give the mixture a good mix.
- Add flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix again but do not over mix at this point.
- Pour the batter into the greased muffin pan and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.