- 2 apples diced, about 1 cup
- ¼ cup (50g) light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 and ½ cups (190g) all-purpose flour
- 1 and ¾ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup (65g) granulated sugar
- ½ cup (120ml) oil sunflower or canola or corn oil
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- ½ cup (125ml) yogurt or sour cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) and grease an 8 or 9-inch cake pan or line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Prepare the apples: Peel the apples, and chop them into ½ inch pieces. Mix the apples with brown sugar and cinnamon, and set aside.
- Whisk the flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, beat sugar with oil, then beat in eggs, milk, and vanilla extract.
- Pour the dry ingredients over the wet ingredients, and gently whisk until just combined. Make sure not to overmix the batter.
- Fold in the cinnamon apples, and pour the batter evenly into the prepared cake pan.
- Bake: Bake for 30-35 minutes. Baking times vary, so keep an eye on yours. The cake is done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven, and set on a wire rack to cool down. Allow to slightly cool for at least 30 minutes before slicing and serving.
- 9 Inch Pan: You can bake this cake in a 9-inch baking pan. Same oven temperature, about 35-40 minutes bake time.
- Refrigerate the cake for at least 30 minutes before slicing. This helps the cake hold its shape when slicing.
- Cover leftover cake tightly and store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
© Little Sunny Kitchen