A homemade apple cake, it’s very cinnamony, moist, and you will love its spongy texture…
This recipe is so simple and includes ingredients that nearly all households contain. Apples, flour, eggs, oil, sugar, milk and cinnamon! I used two kinds of apples, a Granny Smith apple and a Gala apple but any kind of apples would do.
This recipe comes together really quickly. All you have to do is pour a layer of the batter in your prepared pan, then a layer of your cinnamony apples, then again batter, and finally cinnamony apples. When you bake, please make sure not to over bake your cake, you want a nice moist cake! So after baking it for 40 minutes, check the center of the cake with a toothpick. If it comes out clean, it means that your cake is ready. If not, then bake for 10 more minutes then check again.
I love howÂ dense and moist this cake is, and it’s completely capable of standing alone without any whipped cream or caramel sauce. The caramel is a bonus though, it can be a nice surprise to impress your guests if you have someone coming over for tea. It’s a perfect cake to be served with tea or, better still, a glass of cold milk!
Give it a try (it’s so easy – I promise you can do it!)
Looking for more awesome apple recipes? Try this apple plum galette, apple crumble, and this awesome Russian apple sharlotka cake!
Did you make this? Be sure to leave a review below and tag me on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest!
(Click stars to rate!)
Apple Cinnamon Cake
- 2 apples diced, about 1 cup
- ¼ cup (50g) light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 and ½ cups (190g) all-purpose flour
- 1 and ¾ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup (65g) granulated sugar
- ½ cup (120ml) oil sunflower or canola or corn oil
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- ½ cup (125ml) yogurt or sour cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) and grease an 8 or 9-inch cake pan or line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Prepare the apples: Peel the apples, and chop them into ½ inch pieces. Mix the apples with brown sugar and cinnamon, and set aside.
- Whisk the flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, beat sugar with oil, then beat in eggs, milk, and vanilla extract.
- Pour the dry ingredients over the wet ingredients, and gently whisk until just combined. Make sure not to overmix the batter.
- Fold in the cinnamon apples, and pour the batter evenly into the prepared cake pan.
- Bake: Bake for 30-35 minutes. Baking times vary, so keep an eye on yours. The cake is done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven, and set on a wire rack to cool down. Allow to slightly cool for at least 30 minutes before slicing and serving.
- 9 Inch Pan: You can bake this cake in a 9-inch baking pan. Same oven temperature, about 35-40 minutes bake time.
- Refrigerate the cake for at least 30 minutes before slicing. This helps the cake hold its shape when slicing.
- Cover leftover cake tightly and store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
© Little Sunny Kitchen
Leave a Review!