A homemade apple cake, it’s very cinnamon-y, moist, and you will love its spongy texture…
This recipe is so simple and includes ingredients that nearly all households contain. Apples, flour, eggs, oil, sugar, milk and cinnamon! I used two kinds of apples, a Granny Smith apple and a Gala apple but any kind of apples would do.
This recipes comes together really quickly. All you have to do is pour a layer of the batter in your prepared pan, then a layer of your cinnamony apples, then again batter, and finally cinnamony apples. When you bake, please make sure not to over bake your cake, you want a nice moist cake! So after baking it for 40 minutes, check the center of the cake with a toothpick. If it comes out clean, it means that your cake is ready. If not, then bake for 10 more minutes then check again.
I love howÂ dense and moist this cake is, and it’s completely capable of standing alone without any whipped cream or caramel sauce. The caramel is a bonus though, it can be a nice surprise to impress your guests if you have someone coming over for tea. It’s a perfect cake to be served with tea or, better still, a glass of cold milk!
Give it a try (it’s so easy – I promise you can do it!)
Apple Cinnamon Cake
Servings 12 servingsPrint Recipe
- 2 apples I used 1 green and 1 red
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup sunflower oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180Â° and grease a baking pan with sunflower oil (I used 9 inch pan).
- Chop the apples into small pieces then mix with cinnamon and brown sugar and put aside.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, beat sugar with oil, then beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Stir in flour and baking powder into mixture, then stir in milk and mix until smooth.
- Pour half of the batter into the prepared baking pan, then add half of the apples. Again, pour the remaining batter, and top with the apples left.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Enjoy!
©LITTLE SUNNY KITCHEN. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any websites or social media is strictly prohibited.