Apple plum galette is a rustic, yet elegant summer fruit galette. It’s super easy to make and it’s extremely delicious!
The reason why I love baking galettes is that this is seriously one of easiest bakes ever! It’s not only very easy to make but it’s also made with very simple ingredients, and tastes like heaven!
As long as you have some sort of fresh fruit, flour, yoghurt, egg and oil, you can bake yourself a beautiful galette!
Galette is originally a French term that refers to a round crusty cake. Galettes can be made either sweet with fruits and sugar, or savoury with ham and Emmental cheese for example. I like making the savoury option to be served for breakfast in the morning or brunch in the afternoon. But the sweet version is as wonderful as the savoury one and works perfectly for breakfast or a dessert to be served at any time of the day.
This can work with any fruit that you like, my favourite is apple cinnamon galette as it reminds me of the good old apple pie. But plums are now in season and as my parents have a plum tree and I love plums, I’ve decided to make this galette with plums. And that definitely made this galette extra special! I also get super excited when I use fresh fruits from my parents’ garden to my cooking/baking as all produce is fresh and organic! Yum!
I either chop up the fruits as you can see in the picture above, or make pretty slices. Whatever works for you! And then I just toss the chopped fruits in ground cinnamon and sugar, and the filling is ready to go into the galette!
There are two kinds of galette crusts, one that’s made with yeasted dough or a regular one that’s made with baking powder. I like both versions, but the yeasted version needs a little bit more time so if you’re not a rush go for the yeasted version. This version that I’m sharing with you today, is the one that’s made with baking powder.
To keep the fruits juicy and soft, you can cover the fruit part with a round piece of foil throughout the baking process.
Apple Plum Galette
- 110 grams all purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 60 ml vegetable oil
- 85 grams plain yoghurt
- 1/2 tbsp cold water
- 1/2 tbsp apple vinegar
- 2 apples
- 2 plums
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 egg beaten
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- Add oil, yoghurt, vinegar and mix together.
- Knead the mixture and form an elastic dough ball.
- Cover with a damp cloth, and let the dough sit for half an hour.
- To make the filling: Cut the plums and apples, remove the seeds and cut into cubes, or slices. Add cinnamon and sugar and mix.
- Lightly flour your work surface, and roll out the dough into a 2-3mm thick round disc.
- Fold dough over and pinch to enclose filling.
- Transfer to your baking sheet. Brush crust with egg wash and bake on 210 c for 30 minutes.
- Store covered in plastic in the fridge for up to 3 days.