Apple plum galette is a rustic, yet elegant summer/fall fruit galette. You will love the flaky crust, and the sweet baked fruit. This simple dessert is super easy to make and very delicious!
The reason why I love baking galettes is that this is seriously one of the easiest bakes ever! It’s not only very easy to make but it’s also made with very simple ingredients, and tastes amazing.
As long as you have some sort of fresh fruit, flour, yogurt, egg, and butter or oil, you can bake yourself a beautiful galette!
What’s a Galette?
Galette is originally a French term that refers to a round crusty cake. Galettes can be made either sweet with fruits and sugar, or savory with ham and Emmental cheese for example.
I like making the savory option to serve for breakfast in the morning or for brunch. But the sweet version is as wonderful as the savory one and works perfectly for breakfast or a dessert to be served at any time of the day.
This galette recipe can work with any fruit that you like, my favorite is apple cinnamon galette as it reminds me of the good old apple pie. But plums are now in season and as my parents have a plum tree and I love plums, I’ve decided to make this galette with plums. And that definitely made this galette extra special! I also get super excited when I use fresh fruits from my parents’ garden to my cooking/baking as all produce is fresh and organic!
I either chop up the fruits as you can see in the picture above, or make pretty slices. Whatever works for you! And then I just toss the chopped fruits in ground cinnamon and sugar, and the filling is ready to go into the galette!
Different Galette Crusts
There are two kinds of galette crusts, one that’s made with yeasted dough or a regular one that’s made with baking powder. I like both versions, but the yeasted version needs a little bit more time so if you’re not in a rush go for the yeasted version. This version that I’m sharing with you today, is the one that’s made with baking powder.
To keep the fruits juicy and soft, you can cover the fruit part with a round piece of foil throughout the baking process.
For more delicious galette recipes, check out my strawberry galette and don’t forget to serve it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
- 1 cup (110 grams) all purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- ¼ cup (60ml) vegetable oil
- 5½ tablespoons (85 grams) plain yogurt
- ½ tablespoon cold water
- ½ tablespoon apple vinegar
- 2 apples
- 2 plums
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 egg beaten
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- Add oil, yogurt, vinegar and mix together.
- Knead the mixture and form an elastic dough ball.
- Cover with a damp cloth, and let the dough sit for half an hour.
- To make the filling: Cut the plums and apples, remove the seeds and cut into cubes, or slices. Add cinnamon and sugar and mix.
- Lightly flour your work surface, and roll out the dough into a 2-3mm thick round disc.
- Fold dough over and pinch to enclose filling.
- Transfer to your baking sheet. Brush crust with egg wash and bake at 410°F/210°C for 30 minutes.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
© Little Sunny Kitchen