Beautiful green tea matcha waffles to boost your energy levels in the morning!
Lately, I’ve been very busy as I’m moving really soon and I’m trying to work on so many projects at the same time, so I’ve been feeling very tired. I go to bed really late, and wake up very early in the morning but only with a huge mug of coffee. Believe it or not, one mug of coffee hasn’t been enough for me to really wake up. I figured that I need to go to bed earlier, and start eating healthier food as when I’m in a rush I can just pick up anything to eat or can even stay the whole day without a proper meal.
MATCHA GREEN TEA
My mum has always told me that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and as I’m in a massive need of energy I figured why not make matcha waffles for breakfast – and boy I’m glad I did! Matcha green tea is very rich with antioxidants and surely does boost your energy levels!
HOW TO MAKE GREEN TEA WAFFLES
Green tea waffles are so easy to make! The ingredients needed to make matcha waffles are very simple, I’ve used flour, baking powder, eggs, milk, sugar, and vegetable oil. And to make these matcha waffles tastier and healthier, I topped them with natural yoghurt, fresh diced mango and shredded coconut. Best combination ever! I have always liked the matcha coconut combination, and mango went really well with this one.
HOW TO CHOOSE YOUR MATCHA
For best results, you will need high quality ceremonial grade matcha. It’s great to drink on it’s own, to make healthy smoothies, lattes, and to bake with. I also really love the vibrant colour that it gives when added to frosting, cream, and ice creams. Even the waffles turned out beautiful in green!
MATCHA GREEN TEA HEALTH BENEFITS
Matcha is really good for you, there are so many health benefits and that includes boosting your metabolism, increasing your energy levels, and as I mentioned before matcha contains a high concentrate of antioxidants. It also fights cancer, helps burn fat, and finally it calms the mind and relaxes the body.
What’s your favourite way to have matcha?
Green Tea Matcha Waffles
Easy green tea matcha waffles
- 1 tsp matcha green tea
- 300 grams all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 50 grams granulated sugar
- 400 ml whole milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 100 grams vegetable oil
- 1/2 mango diced
- 65 grams natural yoghurt
- shredded coconut
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk all of the ingredients together. (except for the topping ingredients - mango, yoghurt and coconut).
- Slightly grease and heat your waffle maker.
- Pour enough batter to make 1 waffle each time in the centre of the waffle plate (this depends on the model of your waffle maker, and how many you can make at a time) and close the lid.
- Let it cook until desired darkness, but keep an eye on them as they can burn quickly.
- When ready, remove the waffle from the waffle maker and place on a cooling rack for a few minutes.
- Top with yoghurt, diced mango and shredded coconut.
If you love green tea matcha, you will also love this Mint Matcha Ice Cream!