Spicy Buffalo Chicken Crockpot Dip is the cheesy, creamy, spicy dip that everyone loves, and this version is super simple because it’s made right in the Crockpot!
Your Crockpot is the perfect vessel to create a hot and bubbly chicken wing dip the easy way. I have a recipe for making Buffalo chicken dip in the Instant pot, and I love that recipe. It’s fast, but it has quite a few steps. This recipe has about two actual steps and is completely fail-proof.
I love using the Crockpot for appetizers too because that means that my oven and stovetop are free if I’m also serving dinner later. A slow cooker keeps your dip hot and delicious all night long if necessary as well. Honestly, this dip disappears almost as soon as I serve it!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Dump it in the Crockpot: I love Crockpot recipes because they are so hands-off. This dip recipe requires you to just throw everything in the pot and walk away for a few hours. It’s so easy! Buffalo Chicken Dip in a Crockpot is the easiest appetizer.
- Big Buffalo Wing Flavor: Franks Hot Sauce, Ranch Dressing, and crumbled blue cheese make this Buffalo Chicken Crockpot Dip taste just like a big plate of wings, if not better. Frank’s Buffalo Chicken Dip is the way to go since this brand of hot sauce is the most used in Buffalo to make chicken wings.
- Great for Leftovers: A dip like this one makes great use out of leftover chicken. Cook some extra chicken breasts during the week and you’ll be ready to make buffalo dip for the game on Sunday.
Complete list of ingredients and amounts can be found in the recipe card below.
- Chicken: to make this meaty dip you’ll need 3 cups of cooked and shredded chicken. The easiest way to make shredded chicken is on the stove, or you can use your crockpot to make shredded chicken. The meat from a rotisserie chicken will also work in this buffalo dip.
- Cream Cheese: All good dips need cream cheese to make them thick and creamy.
- Frank’s Hot Sauce: The Buffalo New York original is Franks Red Hot sauce. You can find this in most large grocery stores across the country. If you can’t find it, use your favorite hot sauce.
- Ranch Dressing: Chicken wings and creamy ranch are a perfect match. Ranch dressing adds lots of garlic herb flavor to chicken wing dip. You can make your own homemade Ranch dressing, it’s much better than the store-bought stuff!
- Cheddar Cheese: Use either pre-shredded cheese or grate your own from a block. Cheddar makes your dip melty and yummy.
- Chopped Green Onions and Crumbled Blue Cheese: Green onions are added in at the end to give color and mild onion flavor, while blue cheese crumbles are served on top of the dip as an optional garnish.
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Dip
It’s so simple to make buffalo chicken dip in your Crockpot! You’ll have a cheesy, hot, and bubbly dip ready to eat in less than 2 hours.
- Mix Ingredients: In a slow cooker or a bowl if you prefer, combine the cooked chicken with cream cheese, hot sauce, ranch dressing, and half of the shredded cheddar cheese.
- Cook: Cover and cook the chicken dip in the slow cooker on high for 1½ to 2 hours.
- Finish: Remove the lid and give the mixture a good stir. Top with the remaining cheddar, sprinkle with green onions, cover again and cook for 15 minutes until the cheese has melted. Top with blue cheese crumbles before serving.
What To Eat With Buffalo Chicken Dip
What do you serve with Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Dip? Things to dip into it of course! You are going to want to have plenty of delicious dippers on hand so that everyone can get at this dip. I like to offer a mix of healthy raw veggies and crunchy things. Try these:
- Celery Sticks
- Sliced Bell Peppers
- Carrot sticks
- Tortilla Chips
- Pita Chips
- Ritz Crackers
More Easy Snacks and Appetizers
Is it game day or time for a casual get-together with friends and family? Make some of these easy appetizer recipes. The more the merrier when it comes to tasty casual snacks.
- Cheesy Baked Potato Skins
- Pizza Sliders
- Cheeseburger Dip
- Ham and Cheese Sliders
- Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball
- Buttermilk Chicken Tenders (serve these with ranch and Buffalo Sauce for best results).
You can freeze Buffalo Chicken dip! I suggest that you mix all of the ingredients together and then freeze, uncooked, in a ziplock bag or other air-tight container. When you want to put the dip in the crockpot, let it thaw overnight in the fridge first. Be sure to stir the dip as it’s cooking. Cream cheese can try to separate after it’s been frozen, but stirring should help you avoid that.
The balance of the Franks hot sauce and the creamy ranch dressing and cream cheese makes a perfectly spicy dip, at least in my opinion. Everyone has different levels of tolerability for spicy foods, so feel free to adjust the amount of hot sauce in the recipe to suit your tastes.
This spicy chicken dip gets its name because it mimics the flavors of Buffalo Chicken Wings! There is no buffalo or bison meat in this recipe, just shredded chicken.
Buffalo Chicken Crockpot Dip is the perfect appetizer for your next party! Make sure to Pin this post so you always have the recipe.
- 5 or 6 quart slow cooker
- 3 cups cooked shredded chicken 3 medium chicken breasts.
- 2 8-ounce packages full fat cream cheese softened
- ¾ cup Frank’s hot sauce
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- ¼ cup blue cheese crumbles optional
- In a slow cooker or a bowl, combine the cooked chicken with cream cheese, hot sauce, ranch dressing, and half of the cheddar cheese.
- Cover and cook on high for 1 ½ – 2 hours.
- Remove the lid, give the mixture a good stir. Top with the remaining cheddar, sprinkle with green onions and cover again and cook for 15 more minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Top with blue cheese crumbles if using, and serve.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
© Little Sunny Kitchen