This cream cheese Sausage Dip is quite seriously the easiest and most delicious snack that you can make! You only need 3 simple ingredients to make this, and it’s ready in just 15 minutes from start to finish!
Is it game day or are you planning a party? You are going to need some delicious snacks to make it through the afternoon and evening. Sausage Dip, made with spicy Italian sausage, cream cheese, and Rotel is a fool-proof recipe that everyone is going to love.
If you love a good dip recipe like I do, you’ll want to make my Hot Crab Dip next!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- So Fast. Just 15 minutes is all it takes to make this creamy, meaty dip with sausage.
- Only 3 Ingredients. All you need is three simple ingredients to make this easy sausage dip.
- So Creamy. Cream cheese Rotel dip with sausage is perfectly creamy. The cream cheese melts down to create a spicy sauce that’s just addicting.
- Crowd Favorite. I get asked to make this dip all the time by my family, and I don’t even mind. It takes three ingredients and no time at all!
Ingredients in Sausage Cream Cheese Dip
Just three ingredients are needed to make this amazingly flavorful dip:
Complete list of ingredients and amounts can be found in the recipe card below.
- Sausage: Spicy Italian pork Sausage is my choice for making this dip, but you can use a spicy or regular breakfast sausage like Jimmy Dean, or any other type of fresh sausage that you like. This is where we get most of the seasoning for this recipe from. Bulk sausage is the easiest to use, but if your sausage has a casing, remove it before cooking. You can also use ground beef if you prefer.
- Cream Cheese: You know, the thing that every creamy, cheesy dip needs to make it dippable!
- Ro-Tel: Use the original variety of Rotel, or use the mild if you want to control the heat of the sausage dip. It also comes in a hot variety if you really like the heat.
How to Make Sausage Dip
- Cook Sausage: In a skillet over medium heat, brown the sausage until no longer pink. Break it down into smaller pieces as it cooks. Drain excess grease.
- Add Ingredients: Add the Rotel and add cream cheese to the pan. Cook and stir until the cream cheese has melted.
- Serve: Serve warm with tortilla chips. Serve it right from the skillet if you like, or transfer to a small shallow dish.
What to Serve with Sausage Dip?
Dippers: Tortilla chips are traditional, but feel free to think outside of the box. Crackers, pita chips, homemade crostini, or baguette slices are all good too. For a low carb or healthier option, serve with vegetable sticks.
More Hot Dips: If one hot and creamy dip is good, multiple dips will be great! Use your instant pot to make Instant Pot Spinach Artichoke or Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Dips.
Cold Dips: Add some variety with cold dips like Middle Eastern Muhammara Red Pepper Dip, or Classic Hummus.
A small crock pot is the best way I’ve found to keep dips at the right temperature. Transfer the mixture right to the crock pot insert and turn it on low to keep the dip warm all afternoon.
Rotel is an important ingredient in this version of cream cheese sausage dip, but you can replace it if you absolutely need to. Use canned Italian seasoned tomatoes and add a handful of shredded parmesan to give the dip an Italian flair instead. Plain diced canned tomatoes and a small amount of canned chilies can also be used.
This cream cheese and sausage dip doesn’t need to be baked at all. It’s cooked completely in a pan on the stovetop.
The cream cheese does a great job of balancing the heat from the Rotel and the Italian sausage. The great part about this recipe is that you can control how spicy it is. For less spice, use mild sausage and mild Rotel. For more spice, go spicy on both ingredients, and feel free to add your own hot sauce afterwards if you need it.
You are now ready to get your dip on! Make this hot sausage dip for the game, or any time you want a satisfying, creamy, and slightly spicy snack.
Did you make this? Be sure to leave a review below and tag me on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest!
- 1 pound sausage I use spicy Italian, Note 2 & 3
- 1 x 8 ounce package cream cheese
- 1 x 10 ounce can Rotel Note 3
- In a skillet, over medium heat, brown the sausage and until no longer pink. Break it down as you cook. Drain fat.
- Add the Rotel and the cream cheese. Cook and stir until the cream cheese has melted.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips.
- This recipe makes 8-10 servings.
- Spicy Italian Pork Sausage is my choice for making this dip, but you can use a spicy or regular breakfast sausage like Jimmy Dean, or any other type of fresh sausage that you like. This is where we get most of the seasoning for this recipe from. Bulk sausage is the easiest to use, but if your sausage has a casing, remove it before cooking. You can also use ground beef if you prefer.
- For less spice, use mild sausage and mild Rotel. For more spice, go spicy on both ingredients, and feel free to add your own hot sauce afterwards if you need it.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
© Little Sunny Kitchen
Leave a Review!