This dish is usually served on Thanksgiving, or during the months of November and December. But you can make this anytime of the year as long as sweet potatoes are available in stores! It is also a great way to eat more veggies especially if you have a kid who is a picky eater and does not like vegetables!
Mashed sweet potatoes with crunchy cinnamon-y pecans, topped with melted mini marshmallows Yummy!
- 3 medium sized sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup unsalted melted butter
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- * Topping:
- 1 1/4 cups cornflakes cereal
- 1/3 cup pecans chopped
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsalted melted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup mini marshmallows optional
- Preheat oven to 220c and oil a 9 inch pan.
- Boil potatoes until they're soft.
- For the topping, crush cornflakes and combine with chopped pecans, cinnamon, and sugar. Stir in butter until well combined. Set a side.
- Mash sweet potatoes with butter and beat with sugar, milk, egg, vanilla, and salt until well combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and sprinkle with topping mixture around the outside of the dish leaving room in the centre.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until topping is golden.
- Take out, add marshmallows to the centre and bake for 5 more minutes.