Mashed sweet potatoes with crunchy cinnamon-y pecans streusel.
- 4 lb sweet potatoes peeled, and cut into 1" chunks (about 4 medium sweet potatoes)
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter melted and slightly cooled
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
For the topping
- 1¼ cups unsalted pecans roughly chopped
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon optional
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg optional
- ½ cup unsalted butter cold, cut into small cubes
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Boil the sweet potatoes in a large pot or dutch oven until fork tender (about 10-15 minutes) and drain.
- In the same pot, mash the potatoes until creamy (you can use an electric mixer).
- In a bowl whisk the eggs with melted butter, sugar, salt, and vanilla extract. Then pour the mixture into the sweet potatoes, and whisk again until well incorporated.
- Spread the mixture in a 9x13" casserole dish.
For the streusel topping
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar with flour, cinnamon and nutmeg if using, and the cold butter. Use your hands to rub the mixture together until crumbs form. Then stir in the pecans.
- Top the sweet potatoes with the streusel topping, and bake in the oven uncovered for 35-40 minutes or until the topping is golden and toasted.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
© Little Sunny Kitchen