The most delicious Christmas Cocktail recipe is right here! This Christmas Vodka Cocktail recipe expertly mixes vodka, cranberry, and a few other simple ingredients to create the perfect holiday beverage.
Christmas is a time for gathering and socializing, and nothing is better for a social gathering than a festive beverage that will get the conversation flowing.
A delicious, red and white santa themed vodka cocktail is easy to mix up and serve to your friends and guests. Just make a snowy sugar rim to turn a simple drink into a Christmas-themed masterpiece.
If you enjoy vodka cocktails, try my Loquat cocktail next. You might also like to see how I make Apple Cider Margaritas with tequila!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It’s Easy: Fancy cocktails are fun, but simple cocktails are easier to make. Don’t spend Christmas eve in the kitchen mixing up complicated drinks when you can make this simple vodka cranberry cocktail instead.
- Everyone Likes This: This is a combination of two favorite classic drinks: a vodka cranberry and a shirley temple! It’s girly enough for a ladies night, but not so girly that the guys won’t want it. I think it’s perfect for any sort of adult company.
- Pretty Rimmed Glasses: A sugar rim on this red drink adds a wonderful snowy and festive touch.
Complete list of ingredients and amounts can be found in the recipe card below.
- Grenadine: This sugary cherry syrup is delicious just mixed with soda, but in cocktails the sweetness helps to balance the bit of the alcohol.
- Vodka: Use your favorite. Any brand will work.
- Cranberry Juice: I love the combination of tart juice with the other sweet components here.
- Sprite: Any lemon-lime soda can be used. To reduce the sugar, substitute diet Sprite or lemon-lime soda water.
- Corn Syrup and Sugar: Light corn syrup helps the sugar to stick thickly to the rim of the glass.
- White Food Coloring: This is totally optional, but a little of this added to the corn syrup will make it super white and pretty.
- Maraschino Cherries: For the perfect sweet garnish.
How to Make A Christmas Vodka Cocktail
- Rim the Glass: Coat the rim of your cocktail glass with corn syrup, then coat with granulated sugar.
- Shake Your Cocktail: Add grenadine, vodka, cranberry juice, and sprite to a shaker filled with ice. Shake lightly, then strain into the rimmed glass.
- Garnish: Add a cherry to garnish, then serve.
To Rim a Glass: Place your syrup into a shallow dish or plate. Place the sugar onto another. Dip the edge of the glass into the corn syrup to fully coat just about ¼ inch or less of the rim. Gently roll the edge of the glass into the sugar. Repeat with any additional glasses.
Get white edges: Add white food coloring (found at baking stores or craft stores) to the corn syrup to make it white instead of clear.
Make it non-alcoholic: Omit the vodka and add a bit more sprite to make a virgin Christmas cocktail.
What to Serve with Christmas Cocktails
This pretty drink goes perfectly with all of your favorite holiday appetizers and cookies.
For Snacking, make Shrimp Cocktail, Cheesy Hot Crab Dip, Cranberry Chutney, and a beautiful Christmas Charcuterie Board.
Handheld desserts for a holiday cocktail party should definitely include Christmas Crack and Chocolate Peppermint Cookies.
Serve a non-alcoholic Christmas drink too. Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate is perfect for parties.
I suggest using standard vodka since there are already other flavors in the mixers, but a cranberry or citrus vodka could work here.
Since there is a total of 2 ounces of vodka, you can serve two people with this recipe.
Since there is carbonated soda in this Christmas cocktail, you’ll be better off making them as needed. They really just take a minute to mix up! You can prepare the rimmed glasses ahead of time if you’d like to, simply set them aside for up to an hour before you make the drinks.
Enjoy your Holiday parties with this fun and festive Santa-themed Christmas Cocktail recipe! Make sure to Pin it so your friends can get the recipe too.
Did you make this? Be sure to leave a review below and tag me on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest!
Christmas Vodka Cocktail (Santa Cocktail)
- 2 oz. Grenadine
- 2 oz. vodka
- ½ cup cranberry juice
- 1 cup Sprite
To rim the glass:
- Corn syrup
- Granulated sugar
- Maraschino cherries
- Coat the rim of your cocktail glass with corn syrup, then coat with granulated sugar.
- Add grenadine, vodka, cranberry juice, and sprite to a shaker filled with ice. Shake lightly, then strain into the rimmed glass.
- Add a cherry to garnish, then serve.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
© Little Sunny Kitchen
Leave a Review!