This refreshing strawberry lemonade is so simple and requires just 4 basic ingredients to make. It tastes much better than the store-bought stuff, and it’s so easy to make. Loaded with fresh sweet strawberries and tart lemons, your entire family is gonna love it!
This fresh strawberry lemonade is my family’s favorite summer drink. On hot days, there’s nothing better than a glass of icy lemonade to cool off and this lemonade is just perfect as it takes just a few minutes to make and everyone loves it. It’s great for barbecues, to enjoy by the pool, or for parties.
When strawberries are in season, I buy them locally and eat them fresh, bake with them, add them to salads, and make refreshing drinks. These strawberry oatmeal bars are scrumptious, and the strawberry galette is definitely a summer favorite.
But the easiest way to use strawberries is to make summer drinks. Make this homemade strawberry lemonade recipe and add a splash of vodka to make a cocktail or try this frozen strawberry daiquiri! I also have a delicious iced strawberry tea recipe that you MUST try. If you love smoothies, then this strawberry mango smoothie or this strawberry watermelon smoothie are great options!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Four ingredients – You only need four simple ingredients to make this restaurant-style strawberry lemonade, and you probably already have them all in your kitchen.
- Natural Flavors – We’re only using natural ingredients here, no powdered lemonade mixes!
Strawberry Lemonade Ingredients
- Fresh strawberries – hull fresh strawberries and blend them in a food processor. You can also use a fine mesh strainer to get rid of the seeds but that’s optional. I recommend using fresh strawberries to make this drink, but frozen strawberries work in a pinch! Just make sure to thaw the strawberries before pureeing them.
- Lemons – I recommend using fresh lemons for the best lemonade ever! Squeeze the lemons onto a fine mesh strainer to catch any seeds or pulp.
- Sugar – Plain granulated sugar.
Complete list of ingredients and amounts can be found in the recipe card below.
How To Make Strawberry Lemonade From Scratch
- Make a strawberry puree. Place hulled strawberries in a food processor, and blend until smooth (20-30 seconds).
- Make a simple syrup. In a small saucepan, combine two cups of water (at room temperature) with one cup of granulated sugar. Place on the stove over medium-high heat, stir until the sugar has dissolved, and remove from heat. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Combine. In a large pitcher, combine the strawberry puree, with fresh queezed lemon juice, and simple syrup. Stir to combine, cover with a lid or with plastic wrap and chill the lemonade concentrate in the fridge.
- Serve. When ready to serve, Top with four cups of cold water and stir again. Serve with ice cubes in chilled glasses. Garnish with fresh strawberries, lemon slices, and fresh mint leaves.
Be sure to chill the strawberry lemonade concentrate in the fridge, and then top it up with cold water. Serve chilled over ice.
Tips For Making The Best Strawberry Lemonade
- Making a simple syrup is worth it! Many recipes around the internet call for adding the sugar to the rest of the ingredients, and stirring until the sugar is dissolved. I don’t prefer that method as the sugar never fully dissolves and you end up with grainy sugar in your drink. Making a simple syrup is SO easy and totally worth it, you can even make it in the microwave if you prefer.
- Make it as sweet as you like. The sweetness of the lemonade will depend on the sweetness of the strawberries, the amount of sugar, and the amount of water added. So feel free to adjust the sweetness level to your likeness.
- Make a super smooth lemonade. I personally don’t mind the strawberry seeds in my lemonade, but for a restaurant-style strawberry lemonade use a fine mesh strainer and push out as much strawberry juice as possible leaving the seeds and chunky bits of strawberry in the strainer. Also be sure to strain the lemon juice to catch all the seeds and any chunky bits coming from the lemons.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! You can totally freeze the strawberry lemonade concentrate before adding additional water.
Pink lemonade is just a plain lemonade with food coloring added to it. There are no additional flavors such as strawberries added to pink lemonade.
Store this homemade lemonade in the fridge covered with a lid or plastic wrap for several days. Or freeze the concentrate for 2-3 months.
Save this recipe for the next time you buy fresh strawberries. Trust me, you will need this when the weather gets hot! Also be sure to pin it for more people to enjoy too!
Did you make this? Be sure to leave a review below and tag me on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest!
- 8 oz (225g) fresh strawberries hulled
- 6 cups water divided
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- Place strawberries in a food processor, and blend until smooth.
- Make a simple syrup: In a saucepan, combine 2 cups of water with 1 cup of sugar. Over medium high heat, stir until the sugar has dissolved and remove from heat. Allow to cool.
- In a 2 quart pitcher, combine the strawberry puree, with lemon juice and simple syrup. Give everything a good stir, chill in the fridge.
- When ready to serve, Top with 4 cups of cold water and stir again. Serve over ice if desired. Garnish with fresh strawberries, lemon slices, and fresh mint leaves.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
© Little Sunny Kitchen
Leave a Review!