Make your own frozen strawberry daiquiri at home for the best frozen cocktail ever! It’s sweet, tangy, frosty, and perfect for cooling down on warmer days. Strawberry daiquiris are a crowd pleaser and great for parties, brunches, friends and family gatherings, and backyard BBQs!
This strawberry daiquiri recipe is one of my favorite summer cocktails! It’s a recipe that I first shared on my blog in 2017, but I’ve been making it for years even before that.
I love the vibrant color of the frozen strawberry daiquiri, it looks fancy, and makes me feel like I’m relaxing on the beach sipping my favorite cocktail!
All you need to make is just a few simple ingredients and rum, but you can totally make this alcohol-free if you prefer. I also have a frozen mango daiquiri recipe that you will love, so make sure to check it out!
Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri Ingredients
- Strawberries: Use a mix of fresh and frozen strawberries to achieve a smooth frozen cocktail rather than a tough slush. If you only have frozen strawberries, that’s totally fine but expect a slightly different texture. You don’t need to add any ice cubes when using frozen strawberries.
- Fresh lime: Because you can’t make a daiquiri without fresh limes!
- Simple syrup: I make this by combining equal amounts of sugar and water in a saucepan, heat until the sugar has dissolved in the water. Remove from heat, and let it cool down (or place in the fridge). If you use sugar and water instead, you will be able to feel the sugar crystals in your cold cocktail and you don’t want that.
- Rum: Any brand of light/white rum works here, but I normally use Bacardi as it’s the most popular rum for daiquiri (it tastes good and it’s not expensive, about $15 a bottle). Other brands that you can use are Havana Club (about $20 a bottle) and Cana Brava that is more expensive and harder to find.
Complete list of ingredients and amounts can be found in the recipe card below.
How Do You Make a Strawberry Daiquiri From Scratch?
You need a powerful blender to get a super smooth and beautiful consistency! I love my Vitamix blender and use it for blended beverages, soups, to make oat flour, nut butters, hummus, etc.
To make a frozen strawberry daiquiri, combine all of your ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth (30-60 seconds). The texture should be similar to a slushy, but it will melt within a minute and become drinkable as you serve it. If you feel like it’s too thick, you can always add a tablespoon of water to thin it out a little.
Pour into 2 martini glasses, garnish with fresh small strawberries or slices of lime and enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
Rum is the chosen alcohol of daiquiri.
Just skip the alcohol! I made lots of virgin daiquiris in my life, and everyone loves them in parties especially kids!
If you don’t have rum, you can substitute it with vodka and it works great!
To make ahead, you can use all frozen strawberries, blend everything in a blender then store in freezer bags in the freezer. Blend again until smooth before serving, you might need to add a little bit of water to get the blender going.
I don’t feel like I say this often enough, or that I could ever thank you enough. But THANK YOU for all of your support, for visiting my blog, commenting, and sharing my recipes with your friends and family. I am SO thankful for you!
If you make this recipe or any of my recipes, then don’t forget to rate it and leave a comment below. I would LOVE to hear about your experience and your comments just make my day!
I hope that you love every recipe that you make! – Diana x
- 8 oz (225g) frozen strawberries frozen
- 6 oz (170g) fresh strawberries
- 1 oz 30 ml simple syrup powdered
- 2 oz 60 ml lime juice about 2 limes
- 5 oz 150 ml rum white
- In a blender, blend all of the ingredients until the mixture reaches a smooth consistency (30-60 seconds). The texture should be similar to a slushy, but it will melt within a minute and become drinkable as you serve it. If you feel like it's too thick, you can always add a tablespoon of water to thin it out a little.
- Pour into 2 Margarita glasses and serve.