Beat the heat of the summer days with this frozen mint lemonade! This lemonade is so refreshing, easy, and quick to whip up!
Nothing beats a frozen refreshing smoothie on a hot summer day! And here I am sharing one of my all-time favourite frozen smoothies, it’s so simple and easy to make that you’ll want to make it every day during the summer!
Mint Lemonade Recipe
Technically this is a mint lemonade, but in the Middle East, we call it lemon with mint smoothie (Laymoun wa naa’naa’ smoothie). I think that every single cafe either has it on the menu in Jordan or can make it for you if you ask for it! It’s a very popular drink, and you can either choose to have it frozen as a smoothie or in a juice form.
What I really love about this smoothie, is the vibrant green colour! The fresh mint is what makes this smoothie so special, the colour, the flavour and the freshness that it adds is just amazing.
You will need the following ingredients to make a mint lemonade:
- Lemons – these can be either juiced and added as juice, or blended in a blender as a whole along with the peel.
- Fresh mint leaves – Always use fresh mint, dried won’t work.
- Sweetener of your choice – we typically use granulated sugar.
- Ice cubes
How to Make Mint Lemonade
If you choose to use just the juice of the lemons, then start by juicing your lemons. If you’re using whole lemons, then make sure that you wash them very well.
In a blender, add your lemons/lemon juice, mint leaves, sweetener of choice, ice cubes and a dash of water.
Blend until your reach the consistency that you want. You can add more water depending on the consistency.
If you’re making juice, then omit the ice cubes or just add a few.
Serve immediately in cold glasses, along with straws. I like to use glass or stainless steels straws as we try to use less plastic in our house.
You can add more flavors to your smoothie, such as cucumber, apple, strawberry, or melon.
I don’t feel like I say this often enough, or that I could ever thank you enough. But THANK YOU for all of your support, for visiting my blog, commenting, and sharing my recipes with your friends and family. I am SO thankful for you!
If you make this recipe or any of my recipes, then don’t forget to rate it and leave a comment below. I would LOVE to hear about your experience and your comments just make my day!
I hope that you love every recipe that you make! – Diana x
- 1 lemon juiced or you could use a whole lemon with the peel
- 20 mint leaves
- crushed ice
- 2 teaspoons sugar optional
- Rinse mint leaves and add to blender with ice cubes and juice of one lemon or a whole lemon (If you choose to sweeten your drink add stevia or sugar).
- Blend and add water to reach the consistency that you’re pleased with and blend until slushed. Serve immediately!
Recipe first appeared on Little Sunny Kitchen in July 2014.