Scrambled Eggs with Cottage Cheese are your answer to a breakfast that is fast and easy to make, high in protein (17 grams per serving), and super tasty!
Adding cottage cheese to scrambled eggs is the easiest way to double the amount of protein in your breakfast routine. Skip the protein bars and shakes, and enjoy fluffy, cheesy scrambled eggs that cook in just 5 minutes!
This quick breakfast recipe is low carb, gluten-free, vegetarian, keto-friendly, and grain free. It’s sure to fit in with any dietary need.
If you like eggs, you have to try making Shakshuka. Eggs poached in a flavorful spicy tomato sauce are delicious for breakfast, brunch, or dinner!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- A Healthy Breakfast – These eggs are low in carbs, very high in protein (17 grams per serving), and a wonderfully healthy way to start your day! You can use low-fat cottage cheese if you’d like to reduce the calories a bit, but I find that breakfast calories (and a good strong cup of coffee!) are needed to get me through busy workdays.
- Fast and Easy to Cook– You might not want to be cooking complicated meals first thing in the morning, and luckily, there is nothing complicated about this recipe! It takes less than five minutes to cook up eggs mixed with cottage cheese, and they are simply seasoned with salt and pepper.
You will also like my recipe for a Veggie Omelet. It’s also really simple to cook! And if you want to make your eggs ahead of time, or you need to feed a crowd, try my Sheet Pan Eggs recipe.
Ingredients In Scrambled Eggs with Cottage Cheese
Here’s what you need to make this easy breakfast recipe:
- Eggs – In this recipe we’re making two breakfast servings, so you’ll want to use four large eggs.
- Cottage Cheese – I’ve found that a half cup of cottage cheese is the perfect amount to mix into four scrambled eggs. Use your favorite brand. Full fat tastes the best, but you can use low fat too.
- Butter – I like to scramble eggs with a bit of butter. It adds flavor and helps keep the eggs from sticking to the pan.
- Seasonings – Salt and pepper is all you need to make these cheesy eggs taste amazing! Feel free to sprinkle on some fresh parsley too.
Complete list of ingredients and amounts can be found in the recipe card below.
How To Make Scrambled Eggs with Cottage Cheese
This recipe is so easy! Breakfast will be ready in just a few minutes if you follow these simple steps.
- Combine: Crack the eggs into a medium-sized bowl and add the cottage cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Whisk: Whisk by hand until well combined. For a smoother texture, mix with a blender instead.
- Start Cooking: Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat, and melt butter until foamy. Pour the egg mixture into the pan.
- Scramble: Using a rubber spatula, cook and stir, scrambling the eggs gently until large fluffy curds form and the eggs are cooked through but still soft and creamy. This should take 3-4 minutes, tops!
Have a plate ready! You want to remove the scrambled eggs from the pan as soon as they’re done. If you leave them they will continue cooking and dry out.
- Adjust the Serving Size: As written, this recipe serves two people, two eggs each. To cook scrambled eggs and cottage cheese for one, use 2 eggs and ¼ cup cottage cheese. You can also easily double the recipe as needed!
- A Non-Stick pan is key to cooking the best eggs. Don’t try to make this recipe in a stainless steel pan if you can avoid it.
- Other Seasonings to Try: garlic powder, smoked or regular paprika or hot sauce are all delicious with eggs.
- To Add Veggies: Sautee onions, bell peppers, mushrooms, or spinach in the pan before adding the egg mixture.
Scrambled eggs are best enjoyed right away after cooking them, but if you have leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
To reheat scrambled eggs with cottage cheese, warm them gently on the stove, just until heated through so that you don’t overcook them.
What To Serve With Cottage Cheese Scrambled Eggs
Are you ready for the best breakfast? I love serving these eggs with rye toast and fresh fruit, as you see in the photos.
You can serve your eggs with cottage cheese with any of your favorite breakfast sides though! Bacon, sausage, or ham are classic pairings with scrambled eggs, as are hashbrowns and toast.
We have tons of easy breakfast recipes for you to try!
Make a delicious berry smoothie to enjoy with your eggs, or whip up an espresso with your Aeropress.
If you like something sweet with breakfast, try my sticky buns recipe, or make homemade waffles.
You can even use these extra protein scrambled eggs to make breakfast burritos!
You can use your favorite brand of cottage cheese, but I recommend using small curd for the best results.
Blend the cottage cheese and eggs together in the blender before cooking them! This will give your eggs a smoother texture without any chunks.
Butter adds flavor and helps to ensure that the eggs don’t stick to the pan at all. If you have a very non-stick frying pan, you may be able to get away without adding butter. You can also use light olive oil or cooking oil spray instead if you prefer.
A delicious high-protein egg breakfast is just minutes away! You’ll love how you feel after eating scrambled eggs with cottage cheese, so make sure to save the recipe!
Did you make this? Be sure to leave a review below and tag me on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest!
Scrambled Eggs with Cottage Cheese
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup (80 grams) cottage cheese
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk eggs with cottage cheese, salt, and pepper until well combined. If you prefer a smoother texture, you can blend in a blender (but I don’t).
- In a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat, melt the butter until foamy. Prepare a plate and keep it close to your stove so you can transfer the eggs as soon as they are done.
- Carefully pour the egg mixture into the pan. Using a rubber spatula, cook and stir scrambling the eggs gently until large fluffy curds form and the eggs are cooked through but still soft and creamy. Transfer to a plate and serve.
- As written, this recipe serves two people, two eggs each. To cook scrambled eggs and cottage cheese for one, use 2 eggs and ¼ cup cottage cheese. You can also easily double the recipe as needed!
- Full-fat cottage cheese will give you the best flavor, but the recipe works just the same with low-fat cottage cheese.
- Other seasonings, such as paprika, garlic powder, or hot sauce can be added.
- Delicious toppings for eggs include sliced avocado or tomato. Fresh herbs are also a nice touch.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Reheat very gently over the stove so that you don’t dry the eggs out.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
© Little Sunny Kitchen
Leave a Review!