Sweet, salty, and smokey salmon seasoning that you can make in under 5 minutes. Sprinkle it over salmon fillets, then grill, broil, roast, or pan sear for the best salmon dinner ever!
Salmon is a healthy fatty fish packed with omega-3. If you don’t eat it often, you have to add salmon to your rotation and cook it any way you like. I have so many great salmon recipes for you, try my Grilled Salmon, Sheet Pan Garlic Butter Salmon, Tuscan Salmon, or Poached Salmon.
I also have the best ever Sauce for Salmon that I encourage you to try! You are going to love it! I promise.
This salmon seasoning is sweet and savory and brings out the best flavor! It’s so easy to make, and you’ll get restaurant-quality salmon every time regardless of how you choose to cook it. I recommend grilling, roasting or baking, or pan-frying for the best results, and everyone is going to love it!
Quickly mix up some herbs and spices to make this salmon seasoning, and store it in your cupboard to quickly season your salmon every time you want to have some.
Salmon Seasoning Ingredients
Here’s what you need to make the seasoning:
Complete list of ingredients and amounts can be found in the recipe card below.
How To use salmon seasoning
To make the seasoning, all you have to do is collect the spices and herbs, and mix them well to combine. To use the seasoning, pat the salmon dry with some paper towels, then sprinkle the seasoning all over the salmon from all sides and cook using your preferred method. You can grill, roast/bake, air fry, or pan fry the salmon.
Store your homemade Salmon seasoning in a sealed jar in a dry and dark place for up to 6-12 months. The flavors will be best when the seasoning is freshest, but this also depends on how fresh your spices and herbs are when you make it.
More Seasonings for your salmon
- Italian: Sprinkle some homemade or store-bought Italian Seasoning on your salmon. It’s simple and delicious!
- Mexican: You can do some Homemade Taco Seasoning, or Fajita Seasoning for a Mexican twist! Don’t forget to drizzle with some fresh lime juice after the salmon is cooked.
- Old Bay: We all know that Old Bay Seasoning is delicious on all types of seafood, salmon included!
- Buffalo: For something different, try Buffalo Sauce and sprinkle the cooked salmon with blue cheese crumbles.
- Pesto: You can either marinate salmon in Pesto Sauce, or serve the cooked salmon with fresh pesto on the side.
- Teriyaki: For an Asian flavor, try my Teriyaki Salmon. It’s one of my favorites!
- Honey Garlic: Simple and delicious, this Honey Garlic Salmon is made with soy sauce, garlic, honey, butter, and lemon juice. It’s so flavorful!
I can’t wait for you to try this easy salmon seasoning, I’m sure you’re going to love it! Don’t forget to leave a review to share your thoughts with me, and pin this recipe to easily find it later.
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt or ½ teaspoon table salt
- In a bowl, combine all of the ingredients and whisk until well combined.
- To season salmon: Sprinkle the seasoning over salmon fillets. Use 1 tablespoon for every 8 ounces of salmon.
- Store in an airtight jar for up to 6-12 months.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
© Little Sunny Kitchen