No Bake Strawberry Pie made with Jell-O and Cool Whip is a classic recipe that is so simple to make! The hardest part of this recipe is waiting for it to set up in the fridge.
I love this No Bake Strawberry Pie recipe so much! It’s the prettiest pink color with the sweet flavor of strawberries in a creamy, jelled filling. A store-bought graham cracker crust makes it incredibly simple and quick to put together too.
This type of pie is sometimes called a Jello Pie, which is perfect because strawberry-flavored Jell-O is the main ingredient. Some might call this a Cool Whip Pie or a “Cool and Easy” pie. This works too, since the other ingredient in the filling is sweet, creamy cool whip!
Whatever you want to call it, this no bake strawberry pie is creamy and light, and particularly refreshing on a hot day.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- An Easy Dessert Recipe – This recipe is foolproof! If you can boil water you already have all of the kitchen skills you need. There are also only four ingredients in this recipe, and one of them is water.
- Shortcuts– I like to bake from scratch, but sometimes I need a recipe that doesn’t take so much effort. Jell-O mix, cool whip, and a prepared crust mean that this Strawberry No Bake Pie practically makes itself!
- Perfect for Sharing – Everyone loves it when I bring this pie to a casual brunch or a holiday gathering. It’s great for potlucks or any time you have some friends to feed.
Ingredients In No Bake Strawberry Pie
Making a tasty, light, and creamy strawberry pie only requires three ingredients and some water!
Complete list of ingredients and amounts can be found in the recipe card below.
- Strawberry Jell-O: Just one small box of flavored gelatin is all you need for this pie.
- Boiling Water and Ice Water: To make the JELL-O you’ll need to first mix it with boiling water, and then add ice cold water.
- Cool Whip: A 16-ounce tub of cool whip is the right amount for creating the fluffy filling for our no bake pie. If you want to add more cool whip when serving, pick up a second tub.
- Graham Cracker Crust: Pick up a pre-made crust from the grocery store. This shortcut makes this recipe so fast! If you’d rather make your own, see my recipe for homemade graham cracker crust.
All of the flavor of Strawberry Pie comes from strawberry Jell-O. This means that you can create all different flavors of this recipe by switching Jell-O Flavors. Try Lemon or Raspberry!
How To Make No Bake Strawberry Pie with Jello
- Make Jell-O: In a bowl, combine the boiling water with JELL-O powder and stir to fully dissolve the gelatin. Then add the cold water and stir until it’s slightly thickened.
- Add Cool Whip: Use a whisk to mix the Cool Whip into the Jello mixture until they are well-incorporated. Then transfer the mixture to the fridge and chill for 30-45 minutes so that it thickens.
- Fill: Pour the thickened strawberry pie filling into the prepared graham cracker crust, and smooth it out using a spatula.
- Chill: Chill the pie in the fridge until it fully sets. This will take at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- Serve: Just before serving, decorate the top of the pie with fresh whipped cream (or more Cool Whip) and strawberries.
I love serving this pie with fresh berries and whipped cream on top! Be sure to add the garnishes just before serving so that they stay fresh.
No Bake Pie Tips
- Premade Crust: I love buying already made graham cracker crusts at the grocery store. Using one rather than making it from scratch is a huge time saver. You can feel free to use a homemade graham cracker crust if you want to. My Pumpkin Cheesecake recipe shows you exactly how to do that!
- Make it ahead of time: No Bake Pies can generally be made and then stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. This is perfect, especially if you’re making this dessert for Thanksgiving, Easter, or another busy holiday.
- Substitutions: I haven’t personally made this recipe using sugar-free Jell-O, but I do believe that it will work just the same if you’re interested in making this recipe low carb.
How to Store no Bake Jell-O Pie
Cover the pie with the lid that came with the pre-made crust, and store it in the refrigerator for up to 3-5 days.
What To Serve With No Bake Strawberry Pie
You might want to serve No Bake Strawberry Pie at a backyard BBQ. No-bake desserts are perfect for warm weather. Try some of these grilled recipes:
My Lemon Meringue Pie is another crowd pleasing dessert! Check out all of my tips and tricks.
Strawberry pie with Jello can be frozen. Wrap it very well with plastic wrap and it can be stored in the freezer for up to a month or so. Keep in mind that the texture of the pie will be different after it’s thawed, and it’s not quite as good. I suggest keeping this pie in the fridge.
Other fresh berries, like raspberries and blueberries, are tasty on a no-bake strawberry pie. Curls of white chocolate would be pretty too!
The great thing about this pie is that it doesn’t rely on in-season fruits. The strawberry flavor comes from Jell-O instead. So, feel free to make this pie all year round, whenever it sounds good to you.
This no-bake strawberry pie is a classic favorite! I know you’ll love making it – and eating it too! Be sure to pin the recipe for later.
- ⅔ cup (160ml) boiling water
- 1 package strawberry flavored JELL-O 3-ounce (85g) size
- 1 cup (250ml) ice cold water
- 16 ounces (450g) Whipped Topping (Cool Whip) thawed
- 1 9-inch graham cracker crumb crust
- whipped cream and strawberries optional, to decorate
- In a bowl, combine the boiling water with the JELL-O and stir until it’s dissolved (2 minutes).
- Add the cold water to the mixture and stir until it’s slightly thickened.
- Add the cool whip, and use a whisk to mix it in until it’s well incorporated. Transfer the mixture to the fridge and chill for 30-45 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into the graham cracker crumb crust, and smooth it out using a spatula. Chill in the fridge until it sets (at least 4 hours or overnight).
- Decorate with whipped cream or additional cool whip and fresh strawberries before serving.
- To Store: Cover the pie with the lid that came with the pre-made crust, and store it in the refrigerator for up to 3-5 days.
- You can make this recipe using sugar-free strawberry Jell-O and reduced-calorie cool whip if you’d like.
- Switch the Jell-O flavor to make any fruit flavor pie you can imagine! Try Lemon or Lime for an easy citrus-y dessert
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
© Little Sunny Kitchen