Super easy and healthy Instant Pot burgers that require very minimal effort as they cook in your pressure cooker. This is the perfect dinner on days when you have no time or too lazy to cook.
You might or not might be familiar with steamed burgers, it’s a great way to cook juicy and tender burgers with minimal effort. The burgers turn out so delicious that you’ll keep making this recipe over and over again.
INSTANT POT HAMBURGERS
I only very recently discovered how to make burgers in the Instant Pot, and I feel like I’ve been missing out for so long! Cooking the burgers in the IP means that I don’t need to stand by the grill or stove to watch the burgers or flip them, and it’s a quick dinner that can be cooked for the whole family.
This method of cooking melts the fats in the meat away, the fat drips in the water and then the water is drained of course. The burgers are healthier when they’re cooked this way.
HOW TO MAKE INSTANT POT BURGERS
You can either use pre-made patties or make your own using minced meat. I normally make my own as I find it much healthier using high-quality meat, and season the patties the way I like.
I like to add a diced onion to the meat, what are your favorite burger recipes?
Start by preparing the burger patties, and individually wrap each one of them in foil (not heavy duty foil) or parchment paper.
If you like cheese and making your own patties, you can slide a thick slice of cheese in the middle of the patty. Those turn out so amazing!
Place the patties wrapped in foil on the trivet, add 1/2 cup of water to the bottom of the pot.
Set the valve on sealing position, then click on manual – high pressure and cook for 10 minutes.
When the Instant Pot beeps and is done with cooking, do a quick release. Carefully open the lid, and take out the burger patties.
Assemble the burgers with your favorite toppings and serve!
WHICH INSTANT POT TO USE TO MAKE BURGERS?
I have the 6-quart Instant Pot Duo and cooked 4 patties together. If you’re using the 8-quart then you’ll need to increase the amount of water to 1 cup.
THE DONENESS OF THE MEAT
Cooking the patties for 10 minutes will result in a well-done burger. For rare burgers, decrease the cooking time to 7 minutes, and 9 minutes for medium well.
CAN I USE PARCHMENT PAPER INSTEAD OF FOIL?
You sure can! But once they’re cooked carefully open the parchment packs as there will be lots of juices and steam, and you don’t want to burn your hands.
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS: 3 SMARTPOINTS PER PORTION ON WEIGHT WATCHERS FREESTYLE PLAN
MORE GREAT INSTANT POT RECIPES
Instant Pot corn on the cob (these go so well with the burgers!)
If you make this Instant Pot recipe, please don’t forget to rate this recipe and share a picture on social media. Tag #LittleSunnyKitchen in your posts as I would really love to see what you make! Thank you for supporting Little Sunny Kitchen, so I can keep sharing my tasty recipes with you for free.
Instant Pot Burgers
- 4 4oz ground beef burger patties
- 1/2 cup water (goes to the bottom of the pot to create steam)
- foil or parchament paper
- Start by preparing the burger patties, and individually wrap each one of them in foil or parchament paper. If you like cheese and making your own patties, you can slide a thick slice of cheese in the middle of the patty.
- Place the patties wrapped in foil or parchament paper on the trivet in the IP, add 1/2 cup of water to the bottom of the pot. Cover with the lid.
- Set the valve on sealing position, then click on manual - high pressure and cook for 10 minutes.
- When the Instant Pot beeps and is done with cooking, do a quick release. Carefully open the lid away from your face, and take out the burger patties. If the want to brown the meat, just cook under the broiler for 2-3 minutes. Assemble the burgers with your favorite toppings and serve!