Frozen yogurt bark topped with mixed berries and crushed pistachios – super easy, delicious and a refreshing no-cook recipe that is perfect for breakfast, snack or dessert!
Before my wedding, I managed to lose 5 kilos (11 lbs) in just 3 weeks by following a few simple rules. I controlled my portion size, I ate more fresh fruit and vegetables, I didn’t drink any liquids with my meals, and I made sure that I had 100-150 calorie breakfast within 1 hour of waking up.
Having a small breakfast within 1 hour of waking up, helps increase the rate of your metabolism and eat less during the day. So I started experimenting with low calorie and low-fat breakfast recipes, and this frozen yogurt bark is one of the recipes that I’ve been making and loving in the past couple of months.
HOW TO MAKE FROZEN YOGURT BARK
To make this super easy and tasty recipe you only need 4 ingredients!
- Frozen or natural yogurt
- Maple syrup or agave syrup
- Fresh berries such as strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries
- Crushed pistachios to garnish
Simply line a shallow baking tray with parchment paper. Then blend the frozen or natural yogurt and maple syrup in a high-speed blender until smooth.
It is not recommended to thaw frozen yogurt and refreeze it, so I use the blender method instead. If you’re using sweetened yogurt, then it’s up to you to add maple syrup or agave syrup or not.
Pour the yogurt mixture into the prepared baking tray and spread it smooth with the back of a spoon.
Sprinkle the desired toppings over the blended yogurt. I’ve used mixed berries and crushed pistachios, but feel free to add different fruits and toppings.
Freeze the yogurt mixture for 2-3 hours or overnight until set. Cut into squares and serve cold before it starts melting, or store in a container in the freezer.
BREAKFAST ON THE GO
These frozen yogurt bark squares are perfect for breakfast and make yummy treats to have during the day. They’re very convenient in the morning, as they don’t require any preparation and all you need to do is take them out of your freezer and enjoy them! I usually have 2 squares in the morning, as each square contains as little as 37 kcal.
- 1 pound 450 grams plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup optional
- 200 grams berries
- 20 grams pistachios chopped
- Line a shallow baking tray with a parchment paper.
- In a high-speed blender, add the yogurt & maple syrup and blend until smooth. Pour it into the prepared baking tray and spread it smooth with the back of a spoon.
- Sprinkle the desired toppings – Berries & Nuts.
- Freeze the yogurt mixture for 2-3 hours or overnight until set. Cut into squares and serve cold, or store in a container in the freezer.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
© Little Sunny Kitchen