Vegan coconut pancakes make a great weekend breakfast, and can be ready in just 25 minutes!
We will be celebrating Mother’s Day in just a few days, and I’m planning to surprise my Mum with a lovely vegan breakfast to put a smile on her face from the beginning of the day. My Mum recently became more interested in vegan cooking and tries to eat vegan food 80% of the time. And as I was looking for a lovely vegan breakfast recipe to treat her on Mother’s Day, I came up with this great vegan coconut pancake recipe served with caramelized bananas.
Vegan Coconut Pancakes
Everyone loves having pancakes for breakfast, especially over the weekend. And these vegan pancakes are no exception, they are soft, fluffy and delicious! I also love the fact that these pancakes can be ready in just 25 minutes.
This eggless pancake recipe uses very simple ingredients. To make these I’ve used flour, sugar, coconut milk, coconut oil, vanilla extract, baking, powder and salt. The ingredients can be easily found in your pantry, especially if you’re into vegan cooking already.
Vegan Pancakes Recipe
The pancakes turn out very soft and fluffy, and the trick here is to use fresh coconut milk rather than tinned to create light and fluffy batter. You can of course swap this with another non-dairy milk such as almond and soya milk.
How to Make Vegan Caramelised Bananas
To make these vegan pancakes extraordinary, top them with delicious vegan caramelised bananas. Simply heat maple syrup or sugar and coconut milk in a saucepan until the sugar melts and the mixture starts to bubble. Once mixture is slightly reduced, add sliced bananas and let it bubble for 2 minutes, then flip the bananas over and let them cook for 1 more minute.
And finally, top warm pancakes with caramelised bananas, then drizzle with the remaining caramel sauce and serve. The caramel will be slightly thick but very smooth and delicious. I also like to add a little bit of colour to the dishes that I make, so I decorate these pancakes with fresh mint leaves.
I don’t feel like I say this often enough, or that I could ever thank you enough. But THANK YOU for all of your support, for visiting my blog, commenting, and sharing my recipes with your friends and family. I am SO thankful for you!
If you make this recipe or any of my recipes, then don’t forget to rate it and leave a comment below. I would LOVE to hear about your experience and your comments just make my day!
I hope that you love every recipe that you make! – Diana x
Vegan Coconut Pancakes with Caramelised Bananas
For the pancakes
- 225 grams all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp coconut oil melted, plus extra for frying
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 350 ml coconut milk
For the caramelised bananas
- 30 grams maple syrup or brown sugar
- 75 ml coconut milk
- 2 bananas peeled and sliced into thick rounds
To make pancakes
- Sift the flour into a bowl, add sugar, baking powder and salt and mix together.Whisk in melted coconut oil, vanilla extract and coconut milk to create a smooth batter. The consistency of the batter should be as thick as double cream, if your batter is too thick then add a bit of coconut milk.
- To cook the pancakes, melt coconut oil in a frying pan then add 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake. Cook on low heat for 2-3 minutes, you will notice small bubbles starting to appear and once they dry out just a little flip over the pancake on the other side and cook for 2 more minutes.
To make caramelised bananas
- In a small saucepan, heat maple syrup or brown sugar with coconut milk until the sugar melts and the mixture starts to bubble and reduce, add sliced banana and let it bubble for a couple of more minutes. Flip over the banana slices and cook for another minute.
- Serve pancakes when still warm, top with caramelised bananas.